Elevator Fire Forces Guests From Hotel

Hundreds of people staying at a Lexington hotel are now back in their rooms.

A fire broke out in an elevator at the Four Points Sheraton on Stanton Way early Friday morning.

While the fire was quickly contained, smoke caused the largest problem.

A hotel maintenance worker was able to get fire knocked out with a fire extinguisher.

The 300 people inside the hotel had to be evacuated for a short time.

The elevator's motor will have to be replaced.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 31158679 - wkyt.com/a?a=31158679
Gray Television, Inc.