Investigators Look Into Deadly Fire

Food left on the stove may be what started a fire that killed a northern Kentucky man.

Maysville Police say the flames broke out at around 4:10 Monday morning at an apartment on Springwood Drive.

Investigators say 52-year-old Charles Martin died from smoke inhalation after leaving a pot unattended on the stove .

Investigators say the damage was mostly contained to the kitchen and was put out quickly.

Martin was found on a bedroom. Investigators think he was asleep when the fire broke out.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 37822709 - wkyt.com/a?a=37822709
Gray Television, Inc.