A man says he was simply trying to heat his home when it ended up catching fire.

It happened around two Wednesday morning on Adams Lane in Scott County. That's just of Leestown Road, near the Fayette and Woodford County lines.

The man told investigators he lit a fire in his fireplace, and that somehow spread through the chimney, and into the attic.The upstairs of the home suffered heavy damage.

We're told three to four people were inside the home when the fire started, but everyone made it out safely.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 42661067 - wkyt.com/a?a=42661067
Gray Television, Inc.