Lexington firefighters says it happened in the Woods Subdivision off Alumni Drive, when a lightning strike left a real impact on the neighborhood.
Officials say a bolt of lightning hit a tree. We're told the lightning strike went through the tree and hit a gas line. The bolt also caused spotlights in the front yard to blow out.
We also know that the lightning blew a chunk out of the front porch, and caused damaged to electrical switches.
Through the ordeal, luckily no fire was started.
Lexington Firefighters used infrared cameras to look through walls to insure that everything was safe.