Dog Saves Owner's Life In Trailer Fire

A dog loses his life during a fire after saving his owner.

The fire broke out at a home on Laurie Lane in Scott County around 6:30 this morning.

Fire officials say a man was asleep on the couch when his pit bull, Trixie, started barking.

He woke up to find his trailer filled with smoke.

He made it out of the house, but Trixie did not.

Fire officials think the fire started in an electrical panel inside a bedroom.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by linda Location: corbin,ky on Jun 26, 2007 at 02:13 PM
    his dog gave her life to save his. She was not concerned for herself only him. That is true love. He probably didn't realize the dog was still in the fire.
  • by ham Location: frankfort on Jun 26, 2007 at 11:01 AM
    I know Nancy how sad this just breaks my heart did they even try
  • by nancy Location: lexington on Jun 26, 2007 at 09:47 AM
    what a way to thank the dog for saving the man's life... couldn't he find her and get her out ?

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8186387 - wkyt.com/a?a=8186387
Gray Television, Inc.