A Woodford County family lost nearly everything they own after lightning struck their garage and sparked a fire. It happened late Tuesday afternoon at a home along Kidds Mill Road. Crews had a difficult time getting water to the scene because of the remote location. Firefighters used pool water to help fight the fire. They were finally able to put the flames out over two hours later. The home, which is less than a year old and cost nearly a million dollars, belonged to Jean Guinn and Patrick Bowmen.