WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News

Mom, Baby Taken To Hospital After Air Conditioner Nearly Starts Fire

More Video...

A mother and her one-year-old child were taken to the hospital, after their home filled with smoke on Thursday morning.

It happened at a home on West High Street. The two were taken to the hospital as a precaution, and are expected to be okay.

The home was full of smoke, but no fire was ever spotted.

Firefighters believe the smoke came from an overheated air conditioning unit. The woman's husband called in a repairman to fix the AC unit so the family could stay cool in the record-setting temperatures.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 9329936 - wkyt.com/a?a=9329936
Gray Television, Inc.