LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Firefighters and Hazmat crews began cleaning up a mess on Monday night, caused by cooking oil at a Lexington intersection.
It happened at South Upper and Pine Streets. That's where firefighters say a large vat of used cooking oil leaked around 9:00 p.m., causing the oil to spill onto the streets.
The vat is behind Joe Bologna's and Cinco de Mayo restaurants. Firefighters blocked off a lane of South Upper and a lane of Pine Street.
They say they've used one thousand pounds of material to absorb the cooking oil.
Firefighters say no one was in danger.
There's no word on what caused the vat to leak.