Couple forced from apartment after fire

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Fire at a Lexington apartment complex has forced several people from their home.

The fire happened early Wednesday morning at the Enclave Apartments on Rapid Run Drive, off Man O'War.

Investigators say the fire appears to have started after an electrical short near a water heater in a downstairs unit.

The fire spread to the deck of a second floor apartment, where neighbors say they saw large flames and called police.

Firefighters had to tear down several walls in the first floor apartment. Two people in that unit were forced out.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 181159961 -
Gray Television, Inc.