WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News

Fire badly damages Bourbon Co. firefighter's home

By: Melissa Etezadi Email
By: Melissa Etezadi Email

PARIS, Ky. (WKYT) - Bourbon County firefighter, Ben Royce, his wife and ten month old son have been displaced after their home was badly damaged in an early morning fire.

We're told by officials that the fire started around 1:30 AM Thursday morning at their home off Hume Bedford Road. Fire officials say they believe the flames started in the chimney and spread to the attic. "The cold temperature and winds played a factor in the fire spreading so fast," explains Ben Royce. "Thankfully our fire alarms went off, that's what woke us up. It could have been a lot worse, you know. I'm just grateful we were all able to get out and are safe."

Royce's father-in-law tells us Ben built the house. The two-year-old home sustained severe smoke and water damage. The family is still trying to assess if they can salvage the home.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 184913931