Fire badly damages Bourbon Co. firefighter's home

By: Melissa Etezadi Email
By: Melissa Etezadi Email

PARIS, Ky. (WKYT) - Bourbon County firefighter, Ben Royce, his wife and ten month old son have been displaced after their home was badly damaged in an early morning fire.

We're told by officials that the fire started around 1:30 AM Thursday morning at their home off Hume Bedford Road. Fire officials say they believe the flames started in the chimney and spread to the attic. "The cold temperature and winds played a factor in the fire spreading so fast," explains Ben Royce. "Thankfully our fire alarms went off, that's what woke us up. It could have been a lot worse, you know. I'm just grateful we were all able to get out and are safe."

Royce's father-in-law tells us Ben built the house. The two-year-old home sustained severe smoke and water damage. The family is still trying to assess if they can salvage the home.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 184913931 -
Gray Television, Inc.