Fire causes damage to Lexington home

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) -- Firefighters think a cigarette caused a fire that damaged a Lexington home.

Firefighters were called to a home on Butternut Hill Court, off Codell Drive, around 7:30 Tuesday night.

They say the man who lives there thought he had put out a cigarette before placing it on a couch, but that sparked the fire.

Firefighters put out the fire quickly, but they say the home has smoke and water damage. No one was injured.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 250898601 - wkyt.com/a?a=250898601
Gray Television, Inc.