CYNTHIANA, Ky. (WKYT) - Just by looking at the outside of Kattleman's Kreek, it looks like the restaurant could be getting ready to open for the day. But an early morning fire changed those plans.
Just before 3:30 Friday morning, a fire broke out at Kattleman's Kreek restaurant, formerly known as The Valley. It's just off of U.S. 27 in Cynthiana.
Firefighters believe the fire may have been started by something electrical. Flames damaged part of the roof and the back kitchen area before a water line burst, putting most of the fire out before crews even got there.
Although the damage is minimal, it will put the business's employees out of work for a few days.
Fire officials were back on scene Friday morning to try and determine the exact cause of the fire.
"We don't have a good heads up on it. We're running it right now. It looks like it could've been electrical and we're just tracing it right now to make sure that's what it was," says Cynthiana Fire Chief Jay Sanders.
Restaurant managers say the restaurant will be closed for the next several days, but should reopen in less than a week.