LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Lexington firefighters were called out to a fire on Courtney Lane in Lexington around 3 o'clock Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters believe the fire started in the HVAC unit before spreading to a waste bin and a wooden fence. Fire crews say the vinyl on the side of the home caused it to spread to the roof.
Firefighters were able to prevent the fire from spreading and from damaging the inside of the home.
Major Mark Harvey with the Lexington Fire Department says that a neighbor stepped into helped before crews arrived.
"The occupants were outside. They were trying to round up some animals and vehicles. The gentleman next door. He grabbed a garden hose and was trying to keep some of the flames and damage down as best he could until we got here, " says Harvey.
No one was injured in the fire.