Firefighters say fire at Lexington home started in dryer

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - A family was unharmed Wednesday morning after a fire in their Lexington home.

Lexington Firefighters say it started out as a dryer fire inside the duplex on Norwood Circle, off Kenesaw Drive.

They say the fire then spread through the walls, but they tell us crews were able to keep it contained to just the laundry room.

Firefighters say no one was injured in the fire but that the incident is a good reminder of how taking small steps can prevent a big disaster.

Firefighters say to prevent these kinds of fires to make sure you regularly clean your lint traps in your machines.

Firefighters also say the family had a smoke detector, but that it was disabled.

If you do not have a smoke detector, the Lexington Fire Department has a program where they are available to the public.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 246127581 -
Gray Television, Inc.