Home with ties to outlaw Jesse James burns

By: Melissa Etezadi Email
By: Melissa Etezadi Email

A home listed on the Kentucky Historical Society registry suffered damage on Thursday morning in a fire.

Scott County fire crews were called to a home on Locust Fork Road in Stamping Ground around 12:30a.m. Investigators say the fire started inside a chimney, connected to a wood burning stove.

"My dad bought this place ten years ago because of the connection to Jesse James," explains homeowner James Barber, "there are a lot of historic documents in there that I was nervous would get damaged."

The home is registered with the Kentucky Historical Society as being the place where the parents of American outlaw Jesse James were married.

Jesse James is one of the most famous American outlaws and his ties to central Kentucky.

"Thankfully not too many things were damaged and that a lot of the pictures that we have were saved."

The four people who lived in the home were not injured.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 177835381 - wkyt.com/a?a=177835381
Gray Television, Inc.