Lexington house fire forces five out of home

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) Firefighters responded to a call of a fire on Greenwood Avenue around 5:15 on Thursday morning.

Firefighters told WKYT's Whitney Wetzel they were able to quickly knock the flames down within ten minutes. The fire was contained to the kitchen area, but there is smoke damage throughout most of the house.

Firefighters say the fire was caused by cooking food left unattended. One of the people in the house said that he was making friend chicken. he also said there were five people in the house, including several teenagers, but everyone was able to get out safely.

Georgetown street is currently blocked off because of this fire.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 230963401 - wkyt.com/a?a=230963401
Gray Television, Inc.