No one injured in overnight fire that destroyed Somerset home

Fire officials believe a wood-burning stove may be to blame for a Somerset family losing their home Saturday night.

MGN Online

SOMERSET, Ky. (WKYT/WYMT) - Fire officials believe a wood-burning stove may be to blame for a Somerset family losing their home Saturday night.

It happened around 11pm on Slavey Lane near Ring-Gold Road. Officials tell us there was no one inside the home at the time, but that the homeowners had just started a fire in their wood-burning stove before they left.

When they arrived back at the home, the fire had already spread throughout the trailer.

Firefighters say it took them around thirty minutes to get the fire out.

No one was injured.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 233214071 - wkyt.com/a?a=233214071
Gray Television, Inc.