Small fire leads to evacuation

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Dozens of people had to evacuate their apartment Monday morning due to a small fire.

It happened at a retirement community off Centre Parkway.

Firefighters say someone left food cooking on the stove.

It started the fire, which triggered the building's sprinkler system.

Water damaged several units, but no one was hurt.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 173178701 -
Gray Television, Inc.