Small fire leads to evacuation

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Dozens of people had to evacuate their apartment Monday morning due to a small fire.

It happened at a retirement community off Centre Parkway.

Firefighters say someone left food cooking on the stove.

It started the fire, which triggered the building's sprinkler system.

Water damaged several units, but no one was hurt.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 173178701 -
Gray Television, Inc.