WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News

Toddler given sangria, not juice at restaurant

LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - A 2-year-old boy was accidentally served sangria instead of orange juice at a central Florida Olive Garden and was taken to the hospital.
Orlando-based Darden Restaurants says the incident happened on March 31 in Lakeland. It prompted the company to caution employees to be more careful with alcoholic drinks.
Jill VanHeest says she took her son Nikolai to the hospital after the incident. He was given fluids and released a couple hours later. He has suffered no lasting effects.
VanHeest has an attorney but isn't sure whether she'll sue. VanHeest's attorney contacted the news media in Florida this week after reports surfaced that a Michigan Applebee's accidentally served a margarita to another toddler.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119840854 - wkyt.com/a?a=119840854
Gray Television, Inc.