WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News

First two Corvettes pulled from Kentucky sinkhole

Two classic cars swallowed by a sinkhole beneath the National Corvette Museum in Kentucky have re-emerged.

Six more prized vehicles are still lodged in the giant hole that opened last month at the Bowling Green museum.

Workers in a cage were lowered into the hole to hook straps around the cars removed Monday, a 2009 ZR1 Blue Devil and a 1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Corvette.

Museum Katie Frassinelli says workers hope Tuesday to recover a 1962 black Corvette. She says the others won't be pulled out until workers further stabilize the sinkhole.

Chevrolet spokesman Monte Doran says the ZR1 has minor damage. He says the other car has more extensive damage and body panels will need replacing.

Chevrolet will oversee restoration of the cars at a Michigan plant.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 248339611 - wkyt.com/a?a=248339611
Gray Television, Inc.