LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Investigators say they think a man may have died after accidentally leaving his car running at his Lexington apartment.
Police say 42-year-old Koji Sato of Japan was found dead on Saturday in the bed of his apartment at the Grand Reserve Apartments on Clearwater Way.
Sato's car was found running in his garage and there were extremely high levels of carbon monoxide in the apartment.
Officials say while the preliminary investigation suggests that Sato died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, the final cause of death is pendin toxicology results.
Funeral arrangements for Sato are pending.