WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News

Pet monkey treated for smoke inhalation after Madison County fire

A woman's pet monkey had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in her home.

Firefighters responded to the fire on Raintree Drive early Friday morning. When they arrived they found the woman and her two dogs outside the home, but the woman's two pet monkeys were still inside.

Firefighters were able to easily rescue one of the monkeys in an outdoor run attached to the room, but had to go inside the home to find the other monkey. Richmond Fire Chief Buzzy Cambell said the second monkey had to be treated for smoke inhalation on the scene after being rescued.

According to Chief Campbell the fire appears to have started behind a TV inside the Monkey's bedroom.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 223924731 - wkyt.com/a?a=223924731