WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News

Second trial set for father in infant death

ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. (AP) - The second trial for a central Kentucky father accused in the death of his 1-month-old son has been set for March.

The News Enterprise reports Hardin Circuit Judge Ken Howard scheduled the proceedings for 24-year-old Jarrod D. Davis to begin on March 19.

Davis is charged with murder and abuse in the death of Ja'Vion Davis in January. An indictment said Davis "wantonly engaged in conduct that created a grave risk of death" to the child.

A medical examiner found blunt force trauma to the baby's head and several other injuries.

Davis said he was burping his son when he dropped the infant.

His first trial earlier this month ended with a hung jury.

___


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 229848491 - wkyt.com/a?a=229848491
Gray Television, Inc.