Woman seriously burned after apartment fire in Lexington

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) A woman is in the hospital with serious burns after a fire early Thursday morning.

The fire started inside the bathroom of an apartment on Jennifer Road, off Eastland Parkway.

Firefighters say the woman tried to put out the fire herself and was seriously burned in the process. She was able to call 911 and crews took her to UK Hospital.

Firefighters put out the fire when they arrived and say only the shower curtain was damaged. They believe a candle may have caused the fire.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus


2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Register for Email
RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 235545321 - wkyt.com/a?a=235545321
Gray Television, Inc.