WKYT Breast Cancer News
2014 Race for the Cure sponsor: Time to get rid of breast cancer
- In October thousands will lace up their running shoes and for most who take part in the annual Komen Race for the Cure they do so with someone special in mind. This year the same can be said for the presenting sponsor who has made finding a cure personal. WKYT's Amber Philpott has their mission is this Talk Pink.
WKYT Breast Cancer News
Lexington Valentine's party to fight breast cancer
- Lexington, Ky. (WKYT)- This Friday is a day set aside for love, its when couples celebrate their affection for one another.
Red is the traditional color we think of for Valentine's Day, but this year one group hopes you see pink!
In this month's Talk Pink, WKYT's Amber Philpott has a way you can celebrate Valentine's Day and give back to a good cause all at the same time.
Yes, Mamm program helps with cost of breast cancer screening
- Its no secret that mammograms save lives, but for many the cost of getting the procedure done is a huge barrier.
In WKYT's January Talk Pink Amber Philpott has more on the new program that is saying "Yes, Mamm" to women who think they can't afford the life saving screening.
Shop for a cause Saturday at Dillard's
- With the kickoff to the holiday shopping season right around the corner Dillard's at Fayette Mall is unveiling its newly remodeled store this weekend in a grand re-opening.
In this month's Think Pink WKYT's Amber Philpott shows you how you can help fight breast cancer and get a jump start on your Christmas shopping at the same time!
Survivor celebrates nearly 40 years cancer free
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and health professionals will tell you that early detection is key.
In this month's Think Pink spotlight Amber Philpott has the story of a Lexington woman and her brave decision nearly 40 years ago that not only saved her life but that of her unborn baby.
Thousands come out for Race for the Cure
- Nearly 5,000 people showed up to this year's Race for the Cure in downtown Lexington Saturday.
WKYT's Amber Philpott & Sam Dick share survivors' stories at Race for the Cure
- WKYT's Amber Philpott & Sam Dick joined Kristen Kennedy and Jim Caldwell on WKYT This Morning to share the stories of breast cancer survivors and their supporters from the Race for the Cure event in Lexington.
Army of angels to support survivor
- On October 5, thousands will take to the streets of downtown Lexington to run in the 17th annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
While some will walk others will run and together join their teams and cross the finish line together.
In this month's Think Pink segment Amber Philpott introduces you to a young woman whose army of angels will be with her every step of the way.
More WKYT Breast Cancer News
Breast Cancer News
Aromasin Reduces Risk of Recurrence in Early Breast Cancer
In a joint analysis of two clinical trials reported at the American Society of Clinical Oncologists meeting in Chicago, researchers found that premenopausal women who received ovarian suppression (a treatment that temporarily puts premenopausal women into menopause) and who were ...
Zoladex Shows Fertility Advantages in Treatment of Early Breast Cancer
At the 2014 American Society of Clinical Oncology® meeting in Chicago, researchers reported that women with early stage hormone receptor negative (HR negative) breast cancer who were treated with Zoladex® (goserelin) had a reduced rate of ovarian failure at 2 ...
Tykerb and Herceptin Combination Therapy Fails to Improve Outcomes for Early Stage HER2 Breast Cancer
Dr. Martine Piccart Gebhart presented results at the 2014 annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology showing that a combination treatment of Tykerb® (lapatinib) and Herceptin® (trastuzumab) offered no benefit in outcomes for early stage HER2 positive breast ...
Updated Guidelines for Adjuvant Tamoxifen in Hormone-Positive Breast Cancer
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has updated their guidelines for the use of adjuvant endocrine therapy, particularly adjuvant tamoxifen (Nolvadex®), for women with hormone receptor positive breast cancer. This update, which focuses on duration of treatment, was published ...
Fertility Concerns Affect Treatment Decisions in Younger Women with Breast Cancer
Fertility concerns affect treatment decisions in a substantial proportion of young women with breast cancer however, few women pursue available fertility preservation strategies, according to the results of a study published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology. Women who confront ...
No Significant Bone Density Differences Between Aromasin and Arimidex
There was no significant difference in bone mineral density loss among women with early breast cancer treated with adjuvant Aromasin® (exemestane) or Arimidex® (anastrozole), according to the results of a study published in The Lancet Oncology. Aromatase inhibitors are drugs ...
New Breast Surgical Guidelines
The Society of Surgical Oncology and the American Society for Radiation Oncology have announced new surgical guidelines indicating that although negative margins (no ink on tumor) reduce the risk of local recurrence, wider margin widths do not significantly lower this ...