WKYT Breast Cancer News
Lexington man shares breast cancer survival story
October is the month we pay particular attention to breast cancer, and it's the perfect time to shed light on something that is often overlooked, male breast cancer. This year nearly 2400 new cases will be detected. One Lexington man is sharing his story in this month's Talk Pink in hopes of sending a loud message to other men.
Lexington Valentine's party to fight breast cancer
- Lexington, Ky. (WKYT)- This Friday is a day set aside for love, its when couples celebrate their affection for one another.
Red is the traditional color we think of for Valentine's Day, but this year one group hopes you see pink!
In this month's Talk Pink, WKYT's Amber Philpott has a way you can celebrate Valentine's Day and give back to a good cause all at the same time.
Yes, Mamm program helps with cost of breast cancer screening
- Its no secret that mammograms save lives, but for many the cost of getting the procedure done is a huge barrier.
In WKYT's January Talk Pink Amber Philpott has more on the new program that is saying "Yes, Mamm" to women who think they can't afford the life saving screening.
Shop for a cause Saturday at Dillard's
- With the kickoff to the holiday shopping season right around the corner Dillard's at Fayette Mall is unveiling its newly remodeled store this weekend in a grand re-opening.
In this month's Think Pink WKYT's Amber Philpott shows you how you can help fight breast cancer and get a jump start on your Christmas shopping at the same time!
Survivor celebrates nearly 40 years cancer free
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and health professionals will tell you that early detection is key.
In this month's Think Pink spotlight Amber Philpott has the story of a Lexington woman and her brave decision nearly 40 years ago that not only saved her life but that of her unborn baby.
Thousands come out for Race for the Cure
- Nearly 5,000 people showed up to this year's Race for the Cure in downtown Lexington Saturday.
More WKYT Breast Cancer News
Breast Cancer News
No Items Retrieved from Feed.