- A trip to the TicketCity Bowl will help the wounded psyche of the Penn State football faithful, and a number one ranking in both major polls is providing respite for fans of Syracuse basketball.
- The 2011 Kentucky football season ended in a way that nobody – NOBODY – saw coming, especially before the season began, when your faithful correspondent included this missive within his predictions:
- I said it prior to Saturday and I’ll say it again: Kentucky is the best team of the Final Four. It’s even more apparent after watching whatever it was that passed for basketball Monday night, in the championship game between Connecticut and Butler at Reliant Arena in Houston.
- Admit it. You wanted DeAndre Liggins gone.
On that November, 2008 night in Las Vegas, when he refused Billy Gillispie’s order to check into the Kansas State game, choosing instead to sit on the bench and pout, you threw up your hands in exasperation and demanded that the freshman be kicked off the team.
- Everybody take a breath.
You howled over Kentucky’s NCAA tournament draw the moment it flashed across the screen, and likely you’ve been thrashing about ever since. The conspiracy theorists are at full throttle and the Big Blue Nation is tweeting, posting, messaging and bashing.
- Watching from afar as the Knicks, Nuggets and, to a lesser extent, the Timberwolves conducted their recent NBA trade business, I couldn’t help but think of the day Chauncey Billups got paid.
I was there to see it.
- Their philosophies could be as diverse as snowflakes, but coaches have so many things in common, including one trait that drives all the great ones: Their desire exceeds their grasp.
- It was going to be either Aaron Rodgers or Jay Cutler in the Super Bowl. Only one quarterback would be packing for Arlington; the other would be heading off to the suburb where 30 of 32 NFL teams currently reside: Waiting Until Next Year.
- Can we stop now?
Can we stop with the comparisons to last year’s team? And the laughable notion that this year’s Kentucky team is better? If a second straight road loss, to an Alabama team that lost to St. Peter’s, isn’t evidence enough to the contrary, what is?
- DeQuin Evans, then a grocery bagger in Compton, California, went to the movies. The film? “The Gridiron Gang,” starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as a probation officer at Camp Kilpatrick, a juvenile detention center in Malibu.
- Whether you’re sitting in your recliner at home, chowing down on wings at your favorite establishment, or watching in sweaty Gainesville, it’s a pretty good bet we’ll know more about the football Wildcats by the end of the night than we do right now.
- The Southeastern Conference would seem to be, once again, an inverted Weeble – lots of power at the top, winnowing into a pool of teams that won’t compete for anything beyond the mid-level bowl games.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.