- Mark Stoops said Thursday his team looked good all week with good energy and he's looking forward to a great game Saturday. The Wildcats host No. 1 Mississippi State for Homecoming.
- Madison Bumgarner took a two-hit shutout into the seventh inning, Hunter Pence hit a two-run homer off James Shields in a three-run first and the San Francisco Giants beat the Kansas City Royals 7-1 in Tuesday night's World Series opener.
- Former Kentucky star AJ Reed will return to campus to be honored during UK’s homecoming football tilt with Mississippi State on Oct. 25 at Commonwealth Stadium and the Wildcats will host a homecoming tailgate before the game, head coach Gary Henderson announced.
- The University of Kentucky women’s basketball team was selected to finish fourth in the 2015 Southeastern Conference race in a voting of select panel of both SEC and national media members.
- The Morehead State men's basketball team has been picked second in the Ohio Valley Conference's East Division, while seniors Almesha Jones and Angelo Warner have earned Preseason All-OVC honors in a vote of the league's head coaches and sports information directors.
- Mississippi State has spent the past month obliterating stereotypes about the program, ignoring a mediocre history and rising to the top spot in the national rankings for the first time in school history.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.