- What finally upended the 6-foot-5 Jamaican was a multitasking cameraman riding a two-wheeled scooter while videotaping Bolt's victory lap. The scooter ran over the outcropping of a metal railing bolted to the edge of the track and bobbled off course - then slammed into the back of the fastest two legs on the planet.
- Scott Van Slyke, A.J. Ellis and Yasiel Puig all homered during a five-run fourth inning, and the Los Angeles Dodgers held on for a 7-4 victory over the Cincinnati Reds on Wednesday night.
- Lou Tsioropoulos, a member of Kentucky's 1951 NCAA national championship team and the unbeaten '53-54 squad who went on to win two NBA titles with the Boston Celtics, has died. He was 84.
- Triple Crown winner American Pharoah has arrived at Saratoga Race Course, walking off a horse van and into his new surroundings for a few days before running in the Travers Stakes.
- Kendra Harrison’s World Championships will begin in earnest on Thursday as she begins her pursuit of a medal in the 100-meter hurdles with the preliminary heats at the Beijing Olympic Stadium.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.