LEXINGTON, Ky. – The teams have been drafted for the 2008 Blue/White Spring Game, which is slated for Saturday at 1 p.m. at Commonwealth Stadium.
The rosters are listed below. Kickers, punters, and long snappers will play for both teams.
Coaches: Joker Phillips, Jimmy Heggins, Chuck Smith, Chris Thurmond, Dontae Wright
Offensive Line: Billy Joe Murphy, Dustin Luck, Jorge Gonzalez, Michael Williams, Stuart Hines, Justin Jeffries, Marcus Davis, Christian Johnson, Garry Williams
Tight Ends: Ross Bogue, André Henderson
Wide Receivers: Anthony Mosley, Jayce Long, Kyrus Lanxter, Chris Wraley, Nik Brazley
Quarterbacks: Mike Hartline, Tyler Sargent
Running Backs: Alfonso Smith, Trey Bowland, A. J. Nance, Matt Ramsey
Defensive Line: Antwane Glenn, Shane McCord, B. J. Wiedemann, Corey Peters, Josh Minton, Jeremy Jarmon
Linebackers: Micah Johnson, Antonio Thomas, Johnny Williams, Braxton Kelley, Brian Murphy
Defensive Backs: Marcus McClinton, Randall Burden, A. J. Grigsby, Ashton Cobb, Robbie McAtee, Daryl Faulkner, David Jones
Coaches: Steve Brown, Larry Brinson, Steve Ortmayer, Rick Petri, Randy Sanders
Offensive Line: Phillip Hibbard, Jake Lanefski, Josh Winchell, James Alexander, Zipp Duncan, Jess Beets, Brad Durham
Tight Ends: T. C. Drake, Tyler Sexton
Wide Receivers: Dicky Lyons, E. J. Adams, Terrence Jones, Clark Williams, Ken Vereen, Anthony Cecil
Quarterbacks: Will Fidler, Curtis Pulley
Running Backs: Derrick Locke, Moncell Allen, John Conner, Stephen Ball
Defensive Line: Greg Meisner, Joe Scott, Luke McDermott, Chris Goode, Austin Moss, Ventrell Jenkins, Myron Pryor
Linebackers: Michael Schwindel, Chris Cessna, Mikhail Mabry, Ronnie Sneed, Sam Maxwell, Jacob Dufrene
Defensive Backs: Taiedo Smith, Matt Lentz, Greg Wilson, Shomari Moore, Trevard Lindley, Paul Warford
Players who will not participate because of injury
WR DeMoreo Ford, TB Tony Dixon, FS Jordan Nevels, FS Calvin Harrison, TE Maurice Grinter, DT Ricky Lumpkin, LB Brandon Thurmond, WR Jonathan Gholson, DT Charles Mustafaa, K Colin Jones, DE Nii Adjei Oninku
Blue/White Game Information: The Blue/White Game is scheduled for Saturday, April 19, at 1 p.m. at Commonwealth Stadium.
· Admission and parking are free.
· Stadium entrances for the game include gates 3, 4, 9, 10, and 11. Gates open at 11:30 a.m.
· Concession stands and the Nike Team Shops will be open on the stadium concourse.
· Game programs will be on sale for $1, with proceeds benefiting the K-Association letterwinners organization.
· The game will be a radio broadcast on the Big Blue Sports Network, including WLAP in Lexington.
· Kentucky’s SEC Academic Honor Roll players will be introduced before the game. UK was second in the SEC with 26 players who earned a spot on the 2007 league honor roll.
· Kentucky football alumni will be introduced at halftime.
· Fans may renew their 2008 season tickets at the game, see below.
Season Ticket Renewal Deadline is April 30; Tickets May be Renewed at Blue/White Game: The deadline for renewal of 2008 Kentucky football season tickets is Wed., April 30. Tickets may be renewed on the Internet at ukathletics.com, in-person at the UK Athletics Ticket Office in the Joe Craft Center, or by mail.
Fans also may bring their season-ticket renewals to the Blue/White Spring Game. UK ticket-office personnel will be available to accept renewals from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the ticket booth outside Gate 4 of the stadium.