KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
Final Score: Florida 63, Kentucky 5
October 25, 2008 * Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, Fla.
Team Records and Series Notes
* Kentucky is 5-3, 1-3 in the SEC. Florida is 6-1, 4-1 in league play.
* Florida leads the series, 42-17, including 26-7 in Gainesville.
* Kentucky returns to action Sat. Nov. 1 at Mississippi State. The game will begin at 2:30 p.m. ET and will be a live pay-per-view telecast in the state of Kentucky.
UK Team Notes
* Kentucky rushed for 141 yards on 33 carries. It was UK’s fourth 100+ yard day on the ground and first since gaining 216 yards in the win over Western Kentucky.
* The Wildcats’ 17 first downs were a season-high in Southeastern Conference play.
* Kentucky totaled 32 minutes and 17 seconds in time of possession which was also a season high in SEC play.
* UK recorded a safety in the fourth quarter on a Florida muffed punt attempt. The last time Kentucky recorded a safety was November 18, 2006 vs. Louisiana-Monroe.
* 1st Quarter Summary
* Florida’s William Green blocked a punt by Kentucky’s Tim Masthay and was recovered by UF’s Chris Rainey at the Kentucky 3-yard line.
* UF’s Tim Tebow rushed for a 3-yard touchdown. Florida 7, Kentucky 0 (11:01)
* Florida’s Jeffrey Demps blocked a punt by Kentucky’s Tim Masthay and was recovered by UF’s Deonte Thompson at the Kentucky 1-yard line.
* UF’s Brandon James rushed for a 1-yard touchdown. Florida 14, Kentucky 0 (9:22)
* UF’s Percy Harvin rushed for a 16-yard touchdown. Florida 21, Kentucky 0 (6:44)
* Florida’s Tim Tebow threw a 33-yard touchdown pass to UF’s Percy Harvin. Florida 28, Kentucky 0 (3:15)
* Kentucky’s Randall Cobb entered as QB for the fifth offensive series.
* UK’s Trevard Lindley intercepted Florida’s Tim Tebow at the Florida 40 and returned it to the UF 37-yard line. It was Lindley’s fourth interception of the season and ninth of his career.
* Kentucky’s Tony Dixon rushed for 15 yards for a UK first down. It was Dixon’s longest run of the season and UK’s only first down of the 1st quarter.
* 2nd Quarter Summary
* UK’s Randall Cobb passed for 15 yards to Gene McCaskill for UK’s second first down of the drive and the game.
* Florida’s Joe Haden blocked a 32-yard field goal attempt by Kentucky’s Lones Seiber and was recovered by UF’s Major Wright and returned to the Florida 40-yard line. (13:01)
* Florida’s Tim Tebow threw a 61-yard touchdown pass to UF’s Jeffrey Demps. Florida 35, Kentucky 0 (11:26)
* UK’s Randall Cobb (QB) rushed for 17 yards to the Florida 46-yard line for UK’s third first down of the drive.
* Kentucky’s Lones Seiber made a 27-yard field goal. Florida 35, Kentucky 3 (5:03)
* UF’s Tim Tebow rushed for a 3-yard touchdown. Florida 42, Kentucky 3 (0:26)
* 3rd Quarter Summary
* Kentucky’s Mike Hartline returned as QB for the first offensive series of the 2nd half.
* UK’s Mike Hartline pass was intercepted by Florida’s Ahmad Black and returned 40 yards for a touchdown. Florida 49, Kentucky 3 (14:51)
* UF’s Kestahn Moore rushed for a 1-yard touchdown. Florida 56, Kentucky 3 (2:59)
* 4th Quarter Summary
* Florida’s John Brantley entered as QB for UF’s first offensive series of the 4th quarter.
* Florida’s John Brantley threw a 38-yard touchdown pass to UF’s David Nelson. Florida 63, Kentucky 3 (11:45)
* Kentucky’s Randall Cobb entered as QB for UK’s first offensive series of the 4th quarter.
* Kentucky turned the ball over on downs at the Florida 4-yard line.
* Kentucky recorded a safety after Florida’s muffed punt attempt went through its own end zone. Florida 63, Kentucky 5 (4:07)
* Kentucky’s Will Fidler entered as QB for UK’s second offensive series of the 4th quarter.
UK Individual Notes
* Senior Braxton Kelley totaled 11 tackles in the game. Kelley has totaled 10+ tackles three times this season and eight times in his career. He has made at least three tackles in 20 consecutive games.
* Kentucky’s Trevard Lindley intercepted UF’s Tim Tebow in the second quarter. It was only Tebow’s second time throwing an interception of the season. It was Lindley’s fourth interception of the season and ninth of his career.
* Trevard Lindley has broken up a pass in seven of eight games this season and 10-of-11 games dating back to 2007.
* Freshman Randall Cobb rushed for a career-high 52 yards on nine carries. He also completed 9-of-18 passes for 78 yards and totaled two catches for seven yards.
* Tony Dixon totaled five catches for 19 yards and six rushes for 27 yards. Dixon is now two yards shy of 25th place all-time in career rushing yards at Kentucky. He ranks 26th with 1,118 career rushing yards.
* Tim Masthay, the SEC leader in touchbacks, has 18 touchbacks on the season after one touchback against Florida. Masthay’s 23 touchbacks last season led the Southeastern Conference. Masthay also punted five times for 50.6 yards with a long of 57. He totaled three punts for 50+ yards in the game. Masthay led the SEC with a 45.2 punt average entering the game.
* Will Fidler entered the game at quarterback late in the fourth quarter for his first action of the season and second of his career.
* Ross Bogue notched his first catch of his career for a gain of eight yards.