A total of 45 University of Kentucky student-athletes – second most in the league - were named to the 2008-09 Southeastern Conference Winter Academic Honor Roll, SEC Commissioner Mike Slive has announced.
UK had 13 student-athletes from the men’s swimming team, 12 from women’s swimming, seven from gymnastics, five each from men’s basketball and rifle and three from women’s basketball.
The 2008-09 SEC Winter Academic Honor Roll is based on grades from the 2008 Spring, Summer and Fall terms.
(1) A student-athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
(2) If a student-athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll.
(3) Student-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
(4) Prior to being nominated, a student-athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
(5) The student-athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport’s entire NCAA Championship segment.
Univ. of Kentucky Sport Year Major
Mark Krebs M. Basketball Junior Management
Jodie Meeks M. Basketball Junior Pre-Marketing
Dwight Perry M. Basketball Junior Management
Michael Porter M. Basketball Junior Management
Matt Scherbenske M. Basketball Sophomore Management
Carly Morrow W. Basketball Sophomore Pre-Economics
Carly Ormerod W. Basketball Senior Biology
Eleia Roddy W. Basketball Senior Family Studies
Jacque Behrendt Gymnastics Junior Kinesiology—Exercise Science
Bridget Carreiro Gymnastics Senior Kinesiology & Health Promotion
Hillary Ferguson Gymnastics Junior Kinesiology—Exercise Science
Emily Green Gymnastics Junior Secondary Education—Social Studies
Phylicia Reshard Gymnastics Sophomore Pre-Marketing
Natalie Rubinstein Gymnastics Senior Kinesiology—Exercise Science
Colleen Williams Gymnastics Sophomore Undergraduate Studies
Leslie Angeli Rifle Junior Mathematical Economics
Sarah Broeker Rifle Sophomore Communications
Logan Fox Rifle Sophomore Pre-Marketing
Jennifer Pason Rifle Junior Biology
Andrew Roland Rifle Senior Biology
James Batley M. Swimming Senior Economics
Elvis Burrows M. Swimming Junior Hospitality Management & Tourism
Shane Eliason M. Swimming Senior Mathematical Economics
Kyle Greene M. Swimming Junior Finance
Marco Iemmola M. Swimming Junior Accounting
Justin Max M. Swimming Junior Political Science
Eric McGinnis M. Swimming Junior Kinesiology—Exercise Science
Travis Muzzillo M. Swimming Junior Economics
Joe Retrum M. Swimming Senior Psychology
Chris Richard M. Swimming Junior Finance & Economics
Kevin Ryan M. Swimming Junior Pre-Chemical Engineering
Justin Smith M. Swimming Senior Kinesiology—Exercise Science
Dan Vallette M. Swimming Junior Accounting
Lindsey Graessle W. Swimming Sophomore Special Education— Moderate/Severe
Leah Harms W. Swimming Senior Integrated Strategic Communication
Casey Miller W. Swimming Junior Psychology
Christina Morgan W. Swimming Junior Nursing
Jenna Newsome W. Swimming Sophomore Communications
Chatham Penrod W. Swimming Junior Finance & Management
Megan Pulskamp W. Swimming Junior Integrated Strategic Communication
Kelly Rames W. Swimming Senior Elementary Education
Kayla Sergesketter W. Swimming Sophomore Special Education—Moderate/Severe
Anna Sirmon W. Swimming Junior Elementary Education
Kristina Sledge W. Swimming Senior Nutrition & Food Science— Hospitality
Management and Tourism
Sydney Witzky W. Swimming Junior Nutrition and Food Science—Dietetics