LEXINGTON, Ky. – Fans that plan on attending the 2013 Kentucky football season opener against Western Kentucky University on Aug. 31 at LP Field in Nashville, will face a new safety policy when entering the stadium this season as compared to previous years.
LP Field security and the Tennessee Titans announced a new game day safety policy that will be in effect for the UK-WKU game on Aug. 31.
According to the release, the policy affects restrictions on the size of bags that are permitted into LP Field -- not the items that you normally need to bring to a game. Each fan may carry in their pocket items such as keys, makeup, combs, phones, wallets, and credit cards, and may also continue to carry a blanket or jacket into the stadium.
The release says LP Field security strongly encourages fans to not bring any type of bags into the stadium. However, certain bags are permissible and those exceptions are listed below. Fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Fans may carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap. (See link below for more details.)
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" by 6" and 12" or
- A one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items, including seat cushions, after proper inspection at Gates 1, 5 & 7 designated for this purpose.
- Diapers and wipes must be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse, providing ample storage capacity.