KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
Charleston Southern at Kentucky
Nov. 6, 2010 * Commonwealth Stadium
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 49, Charleston Southern 21
Team Records and Series Notes
· Kentucky is 5-5 overall. Charleston Southern is now 2-7.
· This was the first meeting between the two teams.
· Kentucky's next game is Saturday, Nov. 13, the home finale vs. Vanderbilt. Game time is 12:21 p.m. EST.
UK Team Notes
· Kentucky has now won 19 consecutive regular-season non-conference games, dating back to 2006.
· The Wildcats have now won 17 consecutive home games against non-conference opponents, dating back to 2005.
· UK has thrown for at least 200 yards in every game this season.
· Kentucky has at least 20 first downs in every game this season.
· UK totaled 502 yards on offense for the first time since racking up 544 yards vs. Akron earlier this season.
· Kentucky totaled 228 yards rushing in the game and now has rushed for over 200 yards in four games this season.
· UK averaged 8.44 yards per carry vs. CSU which is the highest in a game for records immediately available (since 1985). UK also rushed for 8.27 yards per carry vs. UTEP in 2002 and 8.26 yards per carry vs. Indiana in 2004.
· UK rushed for five touchdowns in the game the most since posting five touchdowns rushing against Georgia on Nov. 8, 2008.
· The Wildcats’ defense limited CSU to 129 passing yards. Kentucky has now limited opponents to 130 passing yards or less in seven games this season.
· Kentucky’s defense totaled 10 tackles-for-loss in the game, a season high. The previous season high was nine against Akron.
1st Quarter Summary
UK’s Donald Russell rushed for a 25-yard TD.
It was Russell’s 1st rushing touchdown of the season and 2nd of his career.
UK’s Craig McIntosh made the PAT. UK 7, CSU 0 (7:04)
UK turned the ball over on down at the 50 yard line. (4:13)
CSU’s Andrew Trudnowksi passes for 38 yards to Gerald Stevenson at the UK12
CSU’s Gerald Stevenson rushes for a 12-yd TD.
CSU’s Andy Brown made the PAT. UK 7, CSU 7 (3:41)
UK’s CoShik Williams rushed for 41-yard TD.
It was Williams’ 2nd rushing touchdown of the season and 2nd of his career.
UK’s Craig McIntosh made the PAT. UK 14, CSU 7 (2:32)
CSU’s Andrew Trudnowksi sacked by UK’s Martavius Neloms for a loss of 5 at the CSU16
2nd Quarter Summary
UK’s Mike Hartline intercepted by CSU’s Chris Kuzdale in the end zone.
CSU’s Deon Lee rushed for a loss of 9 tackled by Danny Trevathan at the CSU11.
CSU’s Malcom Dixon passes for 19 yards to Gerald Stevenson at the CSU34.
CSU’s Malcom Dixon rushed for 30 yards to the UK26.
CSU’s Andrew Trudnowksi passes for 17-yd TD to Deon Lee.
CSU’s Andy Brown made the PAT. UK 14, CSU 14 (7:42)
CSU’s Andrew Trudnowksi sacked by UK’s Danny Trevathan for a loss of 10 at the CSU25
UK’s Mike Hartline passes for 53-yd TD to Chris Matthews.
It was Matthews’ 8th touchdown catch of the season and 11th of his career.
UK’s Craig McIntosh made the PAT. UK 21, CSU 14 (3:21)
UK’s Mike Hartline passes for 47 yards to La’Rod King to the CSU3.
UK’s CoShik Williams rushed for a 3-yd TD.
It was Williams’ 3rd rushing touchdown of the season and 3rd of his career.
UK’s Craig McIntosh made the PAT. UK 28, CSU 14 (1:01)
3rd Quarter Summary
UK’s Mike Hartline passes for a 36-yd TD to Randall Cobb.
It was Cobb’s 13th career TD catch and 7th this season.
UK’s Craig McIntosh made the PAT. UK 35, CSU 14 (14:04)
CSU’s DeMarcus Moon rushed for a 1-yd TD.
CSU’s Andy Brown made the PAT. UK 35, CSU 21 (6:09)
UK’s Mike Hartline passes for 15 yards to Jordan Aumiller, fumbled at the CSU39 and recovered by CSU’s C. Bryant at the CSU39.
UK’s Mike Hartline passes to Randall Cobb for 27 yards to the CSU41.
4th Quarter Summary
UK’s Mike Hartline passes to Randall Cobb for 37 yards to the CSU1.
UK’s CoShik Williams rushed for a 3-yd TD.
It was Williams’ 4th rushing touchdown of the season and 4th of his career.
UK’s Craig McIntosh made the PAT. UK 42, CSU 21 (12:50)
Morgan Newton at QB for Kentucky. (10:58)
UK’s Donald Russell rushed for a 18-yard TD.
It was Russell’s 2nd rushing touchdown of the season and 3rd of his career.
UK’s Craig McIntosh made the PAT. UK 48, CSU 21 (9:06)
UK Individual Notes
· Mike Hartline became the fifth QB in UK history to throw for 5,000 yards in a career, joining Jared Lorenzen, Andre' Woodson, Tim Couch and Bill Ransdell.
· Donald Russell rushed for a career-high 110 yards on 10 carries and two TDs.
· CoShik Williams rushed for a career-high 95 yards on 13 carries and three TDs. The last time a UK player had three rushing TDs was Randall Cobb vs. Georgia on November 8, 2008.
· Randall Cobb posted his third career 100-yard receiving game with four catches for 101 receiving yards and one touchdown.
· Randall Cobb has been responsible for at least one score by rushing, receiving or passing in every game this season.
· Cobb finished with four receptions ranking him for ninth on UK’s all-time pass receptions list with 123. He’s six shy of tying Derek Homer (129) for eighth.
· Cobb scored six points in the game and now has scored 214 career points. He is in fifth place on UK’s career scoring list and needs 12 points to tie Taylor Begley (2002-05) for fourth on the career scoring list.
· Cobb totaled a 149 all-purpose yards with 101 receiving yards, no rushing yards, 13 punt return yards and 35 kick-off return yards, staying in eighth on UK’s career all-purpose yards list with 4,046 yards. Cobb now needs 34 yards to match George Adams (1981-84) for seventh.
· Cobb totaled 101 receiving yards in the game and has 1,427 in his career, listing him 10th on UK’s career receiving yards list. Cobb needs two more yards to pass Kevin Coleman (1995-98) for ninth.
· Cobb totaled four receptions in the game and now has 123 career receptions, moving him into ninth of UK’s career pass receptions list. He moved past James Whalen (1997-99) and now needs six receptions to match Derek Homer (1997-2000) for eighth.
Winston Guy led Kentucky with a career-high 16 tackles, marking the second time this season that he has led UK in tackles.
· Danny Trevathan had 13 tackles. He has double-figure tackles in six-consecutive games. It is the longest streak since Marty Moore had double-figure tackles in 13-consecutive games in 1991-92.
· Trevathan surpassed the 100-tackle mark for the season (now has 110) and is three tackles shy of the 200-tackle mark for his career.