For the first time since 1992, a UK defensive lineman has been named the SEC Defensive Player of the Week.
Louisville native Myron Pryor is the first Wildcat lineman since Dean Wells to win the award.
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 310 • Senior
Louisville, Ky. (Eastern HS)
• Pryor figured in two defensive touchdowns in Kentucky’s 27-2 victory at Louisville.
• Pryor knocked loose a fumble that Ashton Cobb returned 28 yards for a touchdown in the second quarter that gave the Wildcats a 10-0 lead.
• In the fourth quarter, Pryor scooped up a fumble and returned it 72 yards for a touchdown.
• Pryor also made a key play in the second quarter on a 4th-and-1, combining with Micah Johnson for a stop of no gain, turning the ball over on downs.
• He also had three tackles with one for a loss (-3).