LEXINGTON, Ky. – There are certainly going to be a lot of people heading down to Nashville to follow the football Cats to LP Field for their first game of the season versus Western Kentucky University. If you're one of those people, there are some new rules you need to know about.
Rachel Izydorek and Carlee Schwartz are looking forward to their trip to LP Field to cheer on the Wildcats.
"I am! I'm a huge football fan! I live UK football!" said Schwartz.
But the UK sophomores are not wild about the new bag policy.
"I think they're kind of ridiculous," said Izydorek.
The policy is modeled on the new nfl rule that went into effect this season called Be Clear. Fans can bring in purses or clutches about the size of a hand, but anything larger, up to 12" by 12" must be clear.
"Girls have things that they need to carry that they usually don't want other people to see," said Schwartz.
NFL officials say the Be Clear program will enhance safety and make getting in and out of the stadium more efficient. These two cats fans are just hoping its not too invasive
"We all love UK football. We want it to be easy and accessible for all of us, so hopefully it's not invasive in any way or telling us what we can and can't do," said Izydorek.
According to a news release, the policy affects restrictions on the size of bags that are permitted into LP Field -- not the items that you normally need to bring to a game. Each fan may carry in their pocket items such as keys, makeup, combs, phones, wallets, and credit cards, and may also continue to carry a blanket or jacket into the stadium.
LP Field security strongly encourages fans to not bring any type of bags into the stadium. However, certain bags are permissible and those exceptions are listed below. Fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Fans may carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap. (See link below for more details.)
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" by 6" and 12" or
- A one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items, including seat cushions, after proper inspection at Gates 1, 5 & 7 designated for this purpose.
- Diapers and wipes must be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse, providing ample storage capacity.