NCAA Women's Basketball 2009-10 Kentucky UK vs Arkansas UK wins 69-52
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Six additional Kentucky women’s basketball games have been added to the TV schedule, it was announced today. The UK IMG Sports Network, UK's local network that serves eight over-the-air stations and Fox Sports Net South on cable, will broadcast five games while Cox Sports Television will air the Wildcats’ game at LSU.
The five contests added by the UK IMG Sports Network include home games vs. Mississippi Valley State (Nov. 27), Louisville (Dec. 4), Arkansas (Jan. 5), and South Carolina on Senior Night (Feb. 23). Cox Sports Television will air UK’s game at LSU on Feb. 5.
In all, Kentucky will be televised 15 times during the regular season.
The conference package selected nine games for national or regional TV, including four on the ESPN family of networks. Two matchups will be Big Monday games on ESPN2 (at Tennessee on Feb. 13 and home vs. Vanderbilt on Feb. 20) while ESPNU will televise UK’s rematch against Notre Dame in South Bend, Ind., on Dec. 18 and UK’s conference road game at Mississippi State on Feb. 26. The ESPN2 game against Tennessee also will be available in 3D.
Fox Sports Net picked up two games in Lexington on Jan. 8 vs. Mississippi State and Jan. 12 vs. Tennessee. CSS selected UK at Florida on Jan. 1 and a home game against Alabama on Jan. 29. The Cats’ matchup with the Gators in Lexington on Jan. 22 will be broadcast on the SEC Network.
In addition to the 15 regular-season games, the entire SEC Tournament in Nashville, Tenn., at Bridgestone Arena will be broadcast, with the first and second round games airing on FSN. The semifinals will run on ESPNU for the third consecutive year, while ESPN2 will again carry the championship game.
The majority of games not televised nationally will be available as a part of ESPN Full Court, the pay subscription college basketball out-of-market service, and on ESPN3.com.
Season tickets for UK’s entire 18-game home schedule are on sale now for $45 except lower-level chair back seating, which is anticipated to be sold out, for $60.
Single-game tickets may be purchased online or by calling the UK Ticket Office at (800) 928-2287 or (859) 257-1818 in late October. Tickets may be available in the reserved seating areas and in the general admission upper-level bleachers. Prices are as follows: $7 reserved seats (all ages), $7 adult general admission, $4 youth/senior general admission (18 and under, 65 and over). Children ages 5 and under are admitted free of charge in the general admission seating area.
Fans interested in season tickets can go to UKathletics.com or call the UK ticket office at 1-800-928-CATS.
2011-12 UK Hoops TV Games
• Nov. 27 (Sun) MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE – UK IMG/FSN – 1 p.m. ET
• Dec. 4 (Sun) LOUISVILLE – UK IMG/FSN – 1 p.m. ET
• Dec. 11 (Sun) ARKANSAS PINE-BLUFF – UK IMG/FSN – 1 p.m. ET
• Dec. 18 (Sun) at Notre Dame - ESPNU - 1 p.m. ET
• Jan. 1 (Sun) at Florida - CSS - 1 p.m. ET
• Jan. 5 (Thurs) ARKANSAS – UK IMG/FSN – 6 p.m. ET
• Jan. 8 (Sun) MISSISSIPPI STATE - FSN - 3:30 p.m. ET
• Jan. 12 (Thurs) TENNESSEE - FSN - 7 p.m. ET
• Jan. 22 (Sun) FLORIDA – SECN - 2 p.m. ET
• Jan. 29 (Sun) ALABAMA – CSS - 2 p.m. ET
• Feb. 5 (Sun) at LSU – CST – 3 p.m. ET
• Feb. 13 (Mon) at Tennessee - ESPN2 - 7 p.m. ET
• Feb. 20 (Mon) VANDERBILT - ESPN2 - 9 p.m. ET
• Feb. 23 (Thurs) SOUTH CAROLINA – UK IMG/FSN – 7 p.m. ET
• Feb. 26 (Sun) at Mississippi State - ESPNU - 5:30 p.m. ET
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply