LEXINGTON, Ky. - The annual Kentucky Football Fan Day has been slated for Friday, Aug. 9 inside Commonwealth Stadium at 6 p.m. ET, when the Kentucky football team will hold an autograph session, followed by an open practice along with a fireworks show. Admission and parking to the event is free of charge.
Below are additional details for the event since the initial release in early July:
- Gates 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 15 will open at 6 p.m. ET with Kentucky football posters and schedule cards available outside each gate for fans to pick up entering the stadium for autographs. The 2013 UK Football Yearbook can be purchased at any gate.
- A map of where student-athletes and coaches will be lined up for autographs is attached. Fans should enter the gate corresponding to the student-athlete or coach autograph they wish to obtain first. Assistant coaches will be seated with the position players they coach.
- To help the autograph session lines move along fans are asked to limit autographs to one autograph per person and to not pose for pictures with student-athletes or coaches.
- Field Gates B, C and D will be open during the autograph session for fans to take pictures on C.M. Newton Field.
- Concessions, merchandise and restrooms will be open on the lower concourse, while the East end zone will be closed after autographs and upper levels will be closed for the entire event.
- The autograph session will conclude at 7:15 p.m. ET with the team scheduled to practice at 7:30 p.m. ET followed by a fireworks session at approximately 9:45 p.m. ET.
- Season ticket holders can pick up their special edition poster by presenting their postcard at program stands located at merchandise locations in the East end zone, West end zone, outside Wildcat Den near Gate 3 and at the Southwest Service Gate between Gates 9 and 10.
- Parking will be available in the green, red, orange, purple and blue lots surrounding Commonwealth Stadium as well as parking structures 1 and 7. A parking map is also attached.
- Autograph, practice and firework time and locations could change depending on inclement weather.
The event will complete the opening week of fall camp for the 2013 Kentucky Wildcats, who reported to fall camp on Sunday, August 4. Kentucky’s season opener this season is Saturday, Aug. 31 at LP Field in Nashville against Western Kentucky University at 7 p.m. ET.