LEXINGTON, Ky. – University of Kentucky women’s basketball head coach Matthew Mitchell said Thursday’s game against Tennessee was a “huge game.” The Big Blue Nation listened.
Thursday night’s showdown at Memorial Coliseum between No. 9/8 Kentucky and No. 6/7 Tennessee has been announced a sell out by the UK ticket office.
The Wildcats (14-2, 3-0 Southeastern Conference) are off to a 3-0 start in conference play for the first time since 1992-93, and are looking for their first 4-0 start in school history. UK also looks to keep its 14-game home winning streak alive and snap a four-game losing skid to the Lady Vols.
The Kentucky-Tennessee game is the only matchup of two top-10 ranked opponents on Thursday, and will be televised live on FSN with Dave Baker and Debbie Antonelli calling the action. The game will also be broadcast live on the UK IMG Sports Network (radio), with the voice of UK Hoops, Neil Price, calling the action. Fans in Central Kentucky can hear the game live on WLAP 630-AM.
Thursday marks the 56th meeting between the border rivals, and the 27th in Lexington. UK has met UT more times than any other UK rival. The Lady Vols lead the overall record 48-7, including a 21-5 advantage in Lexington.
A reminder that UK started its spring semester Wednesday, therefore, women's basketball parking for Thursday’s game is available in the following surface lots and parking structures:
• Student Center Lot - off Euclid Ave
• MLK South Lot - between Lexington Ave and MLK Blvd. and south (towards Euclid) of the center drive lane. DO NOT PARK IN NORTH MLK LOT (closest to Wildcat Lodge) AS THIS IS A RESIDENTIAL LOT AND SUBJECT TO TICKET/TOW
• Handicapped Parking (first come-first served until full) is located in the Northeast corner of the MLK South Lot, must have valid state-issued hang tag
• Joe Craft Center North E-Lot - large lot located north of the Joe Craft Center, and accessible via Lexington Avenue or Rose St.
• Good Samaritan surface Lot - accessible off MLK Blvd
• Parking Structure #5 - entrances off Limestone and S. Upper
Other important notes about Thursday’s game:
• UK Athletics encourages women's basketball fans to arrive early to ease traffic and parking congestion around the Coliseum.
• Doors to the Coliseum will open one (1) hour prior to tip-off.
• Surface event lots (i.e. Student Center, Hardymon, South MLK, Joe Craft Center North and Good Samaritan Surface Lot) typically reach capacity approximately 45 minutes prior to tip-off, at which point, vehicles should proceed to Parking Structure #5 (PS#5).
• The PS #5 shuttle will begin one hour prior to tip and end one hour post-game. The PS #5 shuttle picks up on Administration Drive, accessible via the sky bridge located on the 3rd Floor of PS#5.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply