KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky at Tennessee
Nov. 27, 2010 * Neyland Stadium
FINAL SCORE: Tennessee 24, Kentucky 14
Team Records and Series Notes
Kentucky is 6-6 overall, 2-6 in the Southeastern Conference. Tennessee is now 6-6, 3-5 in league play.
Tennessee leads the series 74-23-9, including a 39-10-6 mark in Knoxville.
Tennessee has won 26 straight games against the Wildcats.
UK Team Notes
· With 272 yards through the air, UK has thrown for at least 200 yards in every game this season.
1st Quarter Summary
Kentucky won the toss and deferred to the second half. Tennessee took the opening kickoff 78 yards to the Kentucky 17-yard line.
UT’s Daniel Lincoln misses a 28-yard field goal.
UK’s Hartline completes 12-yard pass to Cobb on third and long to Tennessee 37-yard line.
Kentucky’s Hartline completed 14-yard pass to Robinson for a first down at the Tennessee 19-yard line.
UK’s Locke takes the carry and rushes down the left sideline for a 17-yard touchdown rush. Kentucky 7, Tennessee 0 (9:50)
Cobb rushes three yards to the Tennessee 32 on fourth and inches to keep a UK drive alive.
Cobb throws incomplete, however, dead ball personal foul on UT gives Kentucky first down at Tennessee 12-yard line.
UK’s Hartline and Locke fumble handoff at the UT one-yard line, recovered by Tennessee in the endzone for a touchback.
2nd Quarter Summary
UT’s Bray completes 44-yard pass to Moore at the Kentucky 11-yard line.
UT’s Bray connects with Jones on an 11-yard TD pass. Kentucky 7, Tennessee 7 (13:53)
UT’s Bray completes 49-yard pass to Moore for a first down at the Kentucky 11-yard line.
UT’s Bray connects with Moore for 12-yard touchdown reception. Kentucky 7, Tennessee 14 (10:50)
UT’s Bray completes long pass to Moore for 48 yards and a first down at the Kentucky 24-yard line.
UK’s Sneed and Mosley sack Bray for a loss of 10 at the Tennessee 44-yard line.
UK’s Cobb catches seven-yard pass but fumbles at the UK 44-yard line, Tennessee’s Brewer recovers.
UT’s Bray throws interception to UK’s Guy at the UT four-yard line, his third of the season.
UK’s McIntosh misses 42-yard field goal, breaking his streak of eight consecutive makes.
3rd Quarter Summary
Kentucky’s Allen takes the opening kickoff of the second half at the Kentucky 24-yard line.
UK’s Hartline completes 37-yard pass to Matthews for a first down at the UT 11-yard line.
Kentucky’s Hartline completes pass on fourth down to Robinson in the endzone for a two-yard touchdown receptions. The touchdown was the first of Robinson’s career. Kentucky 14, Tennessee 14 (10:10)
UT punter Palardy takes fake punt 16 yards for a first down.
On third down, UT’s Moore makes 16-yard reception from Bray for a Tennessee first down at the Kentucky 28-yard line.
UK’s Bailey intercepts pass from UT’s Bray in the endzone for a touchback. The INT was the second of the season for Bailey.
UT’s Poole rushes two yards for a touchdown. Kentucky 14, Tennessee 21 (00:50)
4th Quarter Summary
UT’s Lincoln connects on a 36-yard field goal. Kentucky 14, Tennessee 24 (9:19)
UK Individual Notes
· Junior Randall Cobb totaled 116 yards on 13 catches, also rushing five times for 25 yards.
· Cobb did not score today, marking the first game this season he has not been responsible for a rushing, receiving or passing score.
· Cobb’s 116-yard receiving outing marks his fourth 100-yard receiving game of his career.
· With 13 catches, Cobb recorded the second-most receptions in UK single-game history, three shy of the school record (16 by Craig Yeast vs. Vanderbilt in 1998).
· Cobb now owns 1,599 career receiving yards, moving into sixth place in the UK career record books.
· Cobb totaled 145 all-purpose yards during the game and now owns 2,192 all-purpose yards this season, ranking second all-time in Southeastern Conference history. Former Arkansas tailback Darren McFadden has the single-season league record of 2,310 all-purpose yards.
· Senior quarterback Mike Hartline finished with 272 yards passing on 31-of-44 attempts, totaling one touchdown.
· Hartline now owns 3,178 yards passing on the year, becoming the fifth player in program annals to throw for at least 3,000 yards in a season.
· Hartline’s 3,178 passing yards in 2010 ranks seventh all-time in UK single-season history.
· Hartline now owns 5,680 career passing yards to move past Bill Ransdell for fourth place on the UK career passing yardage list.
· Tight end Anthony Kendrick made his first career start and made his first career catch, a four-yard grab.
· Senior wide receiver Chris Matthews finished with six catches for 85 yards.
· Matthews owns 897 yards receiving in 2010 and in his career, has 1,251 total receiving yards, moving past tight end Derek Smith (1999-01) for 16th on the UK career receiving list.
· Freshman Tyler Robinson, a native of Alcoa, Tenn., registered his third career start at tight end and finished with a career-best four catches for 25 yards, including his first career touchdown.
· Senior Derrick Locke rushed a season-high 24 times for 97 yards.
· Junior linebacker Danny Trevathan recorded a team-best 10 tackles in the game, his ninth game leading UK in tackles this season.
· Trevathan has recorded double-digit tackles in eight consecutive games, the longest streak since Marty Moore had double-figure tackles in 13-consecutive games in 1991-92.
· Craig McIntosh missed a field goal in the first half, breaking a streak of eight consecutive field goals. The eight straight FGs was the longest streak since Taylor Begley hit a school-record nine in a row in 2005.