- Billy Butler hit a tiebreaking single, Salvador Perez and Omar Infante drove in two runs each with big hits in a five-run sixth inning, and the Kansas City Royals beat the San Francisco Giants 7-2 Wednesday night to even the World Series at one game apiece.
- Madison Bumgarner took a two-hit shutout into the seventh inning, Hunter Pence hit a two-run homer off James Shields in a three-run first and the San Francisco Giants beat the Kansas City Royals 7-1 in Tuesday night's World Series opener.
- Former Kentucky star AJ Reed will return to campus to be honored during UK’s homecoming football tilt with Mississippi State on Oct. 25 at Commonwealth Stadium and the Wildcats will host a homecoming tailgate before the game, head coach Gary Henderson announced.
- The University of Kentucky women’s basketball team was selected to finish fourth in the 2015 Southeastern Conference race in a voting of select panel of both SEC and national media members.
- The Morehead State men's basketball team has been picked second in the Ohio Valley Conference's East Division, while seniors Almesha Jones and Angelo Warner have earned Preseason All-OVC honors in a vote of the league's head coaches and sports information directors.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.