Lunch & Learn - LEED v4 Priorities, Credits & Your Practice
11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Office Environment Company, 1136 W Market St, Louisville, KY 40203
Join Kentucky U.S. Green Building Council as we begin to roll out LEED v4.
This will be the first in a series of events over the next year to educate LEED APs, LEED GAs, other educators, and anyone involved in specifying, designing, constructing, managing or operating a LEED building or project.
Join Kentucky U.S. Green Building Council Education Committee Chair, Gary Hisel, LEED AP BD+C, for a session packed with information you'll want to know about LEED v4:
• A brief history of LEED v4
• LEED v4 development priorities
• Specific market sector improvements, including:
1. Market adaptations for data centers, warehouse and distribution centers, hospitality, EB (Existing Building) for schools, EB for retail, and homes/mid-rise
2. LEED ND (Neighborhood Development)
3. The simplified structure of EBOM - building components, site infrastructure, policies, performance actions and tracking
4. Residential improvements - continuous improvement, alignment of certification thresholds, mid-rise, mandatory water and energy metering, new energy performance, and simplified documentation for MR and EQ.
5. Improved environmental outcomes - global climate change, human health, biodiversity and ecosystem services, sustainable and regenerative material cycles, green economy, and community quality of life.
In his capacity as Kentucky USGBC LEED v4 Liaison, Gary will report on the most up to date information from the USGBC on LEED v4. After listening to this presentation you will:
• Have learned the history of LEED v4's development and the timetable for implementation
• Understand LEED v4's developmental priorities and point structure
• Learn the new credits and the requirements for achieving them
• Realize LEED v4's potential impact on your practice
KY USGBC Members: $10
Potential KY USGBC Members: $15
Registration Link: https://leedv4.eventbrite.com
Nancy Church, 502-565-7774, firstname.lastname@example.org
United Way 5K on the Runway
Blue Grass Airport, 4832 Versailles Road, Lexington, KY US 40510
United Way of the Bluegrass will be hosting its third annual 5K on the Runway at Blue Grass Airport on June 21, 2014. Unique to any other race, the course takes place on an actual runway with aircraft as your scenery!
This year's race is included in the first ever Central Kentucky Grand Prix Series.
Early - $20.00 per adult*
Regular – (after June 1, 2014) $25.00 per adult*
On-site - $30.00 per adult*
*Adult will be considered anyone age 15 or above
Ages 5 and under – FREE (strollers are allowed, but we ask that all participants, regardless of age, register)
Ages 6 thru 14 - $15.00 per child
Online registration will be available until Friday, June 20 at 12:00 AM. After this point, on-site registration will be required.
If you have any questions about this race, please contact the race director at email@example.com