Red Barn Radio Welcomes Hannah Aldlynridge
ArtsPlace, 161 N Mill St., Lexington, KY 40507
RED BARN RADIO WELCOMES HANNAH ALDRIDGE, 08/27 AT 8 PM
“Hannah Aldridge, a tomboyishly beautiful, 24-year-old ’Bama girl, proceeded to wail a stunning, heart-rending country waltz. Much like previous stand-out,up and coming Third-Sunday attendees, like solo artists Frankie Ballard and Josh Thompson and Steel Magnolia’s Meghan Linsey, young Ms. Aldridge seems primed to move into the big leagues.” Rand Bishop - American Songwriter Magazine
ArtsPlace, 161 N Mill St, Lexington, KY 40507
The Adventures of Molly Whuppie
August 22, 23, 28 and 29 at 10:00 am; August 22, 23, and 28 at 1:00 pm
Jenny Wiley Theatre, 218 Second Street, Pikeville, KY
The Adventures of Molly Whuppie is a delightful, funny, musical production combining traditional Appalachian folktales with contemporary sensibility. Molly Whuppie, who is clever, brave and strong, encounters witches, giants, an ogre, and all manner of conundrums yet manages to outwit them all with a potent combination of nerve, trickery, and just plain luck. Also appearing in the story are Molly's sisters Polly and Betts, a couple of cow eating Giants, an Ogre, a Witch, and the Queen! Rated G for GREAT Fun! Cast: Kayli Gizel, Amanda Nifong, Emily Dixon, Gabe Johnson Director: Megan Burnett
Holly Provance Doggett, 877-CALLJWT, email@example.com
FEUD Part 1
Jenny Wiley Theatre, 218 Second Street, Pikeville
The feud between the Hatfields and the McCoys has become a modern symbol of the perils of family honor, justice, and vengeance. FEUD Part 1 explores the forbidden love story between Johnse Hatfield and Roseanna McCoy. Set in 1881 in Pike County, KY, Johnse, Roseanna, and Paris McCoy have one fateful night to tell their stories. Truths are revealed, history is set in motion, and the legend begins. Audience rating: PG Cast: Robert Daniels, Mary Hussey, John Robertson Director: Kimberly Hover Willard
Holly Provance Doggett, Executive Director, Jenny Wiley Theatre, 877CALLJWT, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessamine County Chamber of Commerce
RJ Corman Hanger,
101 RJ Corman Dr., Nicholasville KY 40356
The Jessamine County Chamber of Commerce will hold a Special Luncheon with guest speaker: Senator Mitch McConnell on Wednesday August 27th at noon. The event will be held at the RJ Corman Hanger, 101 RJ Corman Dr., Nicholasville KY 40356. Tickets are $15 per person and reservations can be made by calling the chamber at 859-887-4351
140 Allie Run
Nicholasville, KY 40356
859-492-5847 Cell Phone
PODS® of Lexington offers a crash course in college moving for students
PODS of Lexington understands that for students heading off to college it is meant to be a thrilling and life-changing experience. From generations before, students heading off to college are tasked with packing up their belongings and moving into their new home for the next four years.
For over a decade, PODS of Lexington has helped thousands move without the stress of doing the driving.The moving and storage leader is offering college students entering the fall semester tips to ensure a smooth, less stressful move before they make their way into their new college residence.
“The move away from home to college transition is an exciting and emotional time for parents and students” said Ken Kocon, general manager of PODS of Lexington. “PODS is here to help undergrads have a relaxing moving experience into their new living space by offering dependable moving and storage options.”
Before students make the big move, PODS of Lexington offers simplified moving tips to help make their move safer, greener and much more efficient:
10 College Moving Tips for Students
1. Check out the college or apartment complex website for moving information and resources ahead of time. Use a checklist of suggested items to bring and keep the packing process focused and streamlined.
2. Begin packing belongings a couple of weeks ahead of time to keep last minute stress to a minimum. Instead of cramming everything into a car with only room for the driver, rent a PODS container one week prior to the moving date and let PODS deliver everything to the new destination. This provides a relaxed schedule for both parents and students.
3. Have a friend, roommate or fellow student moving to the same school? With enough room to spare, share the cost of a PODS container with your friend.
4. If you will be sharing a dorm room with one or more fellow students, contact them ahead of time. Discuss personal styles and work together on making the dorm room a “home away from home.” Discuss larger items such as microwaves and TVs to avoid duplicates to maximize space.
5. Upon arrival to the new living destination, give the folks at PODS a call for a scheduled delivery of your PODS container. Unpacking is easy thanks to ground-floor accessibility.
6. Be realistic and don’t over-pack. Find out the dimensions of the room(s) that will be occupied. Consolidate and don’t bring items that won’t be needed.
7. Important rule of thumb for packing boxes: pack heavy items such as books in small boxes and lighter items such as towels and linens in larger boxes. Be sure to label each of your boxes on all sides.
8. Make sure items are safely protected during the move. Items most likely used for packaging include: bubble wrap, packing tape, and plastic stretch wrap, cushion foam, wadded up newspapers and old blankets and towels.
9. Think ahead and buy green. Purchase green items such as natural material furniture and organic sheets to reduce your carbon footprint. Donate your used items to local nonprofits.
10. Ask family and friends in advance for help transporting belongings in and out of PODS containers. If no help is available, a local PODS representative will have a list of reliable labor service providers available for an affordable cost.
About PODS Lexington
Opened in 2004, PODS of Lexington is the leading provider of moving and storage services to individuals and business in the Lexington Bluegrass region of Kentucky.
Owners, David and Ken Kocon, have over 35 years of combined business experience. PODS of Lexington is a leading corporate citizen and the Kocons support their local community with donations of PODS containers to charitable organizations and community events throughout the year.
Founded in 1998, PODS currently provides moving and storage services to a population of more than 250 million consumers and businesses, in 46 U.S. states, Canada, Australia and the UK, through its company-owned and independent franchise network. To date, the PODS network has completed more than 400,000 long-distance relocations, exceeded 2.0 million deliveries and has over 150,000 PODS containers in service.
Denise Bean-White, ext. 111
Erin Brown, ext. 115
Monkey Joe's Hosts Active Kids = Healthy Hearts
1850 Bryant Rd. Suite 120, Lexington, KY 40509
During August, Monkey Joe's will be raising funds for the American Heart Association through Active Kids = Healthy Hearts. Join us in support when you visit and help us reach our goal of 10,000 hours of jumping!
Burlesque-Inspired Cardio Fitness
6:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Defiance Studios, 1555 E New Circle Road #182, Lexington, KY 40509
Shimmy, shake, sweat and get sexy! This class combines burlesque-inspired dance moves into a fun workout that is suitable for all levels. Bumps, grinds, shimmies, and isolations are all included in this fast-paced class that will sculpt your body and improve your confidence, while yoga and Pilates-inspired stretches will increase your flexibility and poise. This class is suitable for performers and non-performers alike.
Wednesdays 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM - $60 for four classes or $20 drop-in.
Siobhan Durham, 859-264-1117, email@example.com