Friday Night Live at Fro-Jo's Frozen Yogurt
8:00 P.M.-10:00 P.M.
Bring your lawn chair and enjoy FREE live music with local band, Sammy's Left Eye, and great tasting frozen yogurt.
Facebook/Twitter: frojoslex. 859-245-0008.
PRIDE Golf Outing
Elk Creek Golf Course, 26 Hurst Branch, Pikeville, KY 41501
PRIDE and the Pike County Clean Community Board will host the second annual PRIDE Golf Outing at the Elk Creek Golf Course on Friday, Aug. 9, 2013. Proceeds will fund PRIDE activities that improve the environment, including environmental education and volunteer cleanup events. Congressman Hal Rogers, who co-founded PRIDE, will be the special guest.
The registration fee is $75 per golfer. To sponsor a hole will be $100. Space is limited. To register, please call.
Betty Brown (606-639-4204), Teddy Honaker (606-639-4714), or the PRIDE Office (888-577-4339)
12:00 P.M.-4:00 P.M.
Arts & Cultural Center, 117 North Water St., Georgetown, KY
Annual "Framed" show by and for Scott County artists. Runs August 8 - 31. Reception August 15, 5 - 8 PM, part of Third Thursday Art & Antique Walk, downtown Georgetown. Call 502-570-8366.
Scott County Arts Consortium. 502-570-8366
Susan G. Komen Pink Tie Masquerade Ball
6:00 P.M.-12:00 A.M.
Benefitting the Susan G. Komen Foundation, the Pink Tie Masquerade Ball will be held at the Hilton Downtown Lexington on Friday, August 9th. The evening begins at 6 pm with registration, cocktails and a silent auction prior to dinner. The fun continues with a live auction, a performance artist, live music and much more. This year we are going to add a little intrigue with a masquerade ball theme, so find your favorite mask and join the party!
Tickets are $125 per person, $1,250 for a table for 10. For further information and to register online, access the Susan G. Komen foundation website at www.komenlexington.org or call the Komen office at (859) 368-7133.
75% of the funds raised by the Pink Tie Gala stay locally in Kentucky as Komen Lexington serves nearly 58 counties in Kentucky. The remaining 25% of funds raised go to the national foundation to fund research. We hope you will join us to celebrate breast cancer survivors and help us raise money to ensure no man or woman will ever have to go without breast health services they need in Central or Eastern Kentucky.
Sydney Lutz (859) 368-7133
Junior Master Gardener Summer Camp (ages 8-12)
9:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
The Arboretum, Lexington, KY
Junior Master Gardeners will develop a life-long enthusiasm for environmental stewardship. They will learn practical gardening skills, identify native species, delve into horticulture, and much more! Please pre-register. Cost: $50 (FOA $45)
Summer Family Hours
4:00 P.M.-7:00 P.M.
Summer Family Hours
Up to 2 kids get in Free with each adult paying full price.
May 27 through August 30
Sunday through Friday
4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Summer Family Hours tickets are only available for purchase on the Newport Aquarium website.