Selected Community Events
Dewey Lake is seeking to fill three volunteer positions.
May 1, 2012 - Aug 30, 2012 8 - 5
Dewey Lake is seeking to fill three volunteer positions. Volunteers would be required to work 25 hours per week per campsite. Duties would include light maintenance work such as mowing, trimming, painting, sign maintenance, trash and debris removal as well as assisting the park ranger staff by managing recreational activities, and providing visitors with a quality recreational experience. In return, the volunteers will receive a free campsite which is located in a gated area designed only for volunteers. Campground amenities include; electrical, water, sewer, picnic table, fire ring, and a paved surface overlooking the lake. Sites are 40' x 12'. The following link provides a brief description of Dewey Lake http://www.lrh.usace.army.mil/projects/lakes/DEW
• Volunteers are expected to provide their own camper (please provide a photo and length of your camper).
• Must be capable of performing physical work duties in an outdoor environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate with the public.
• Ability to maintain a set schedule and turn in progress reports of duties performed.
• Willingness to commit to a 90-120 day work agreement.
• Wear the provided park host uniform while performing duties.
US Army Corps of Engineers
Huntington District, Dewey Lake
Phone: (606) 886-6709