Somerset man dead after trying to light a propane heater
Updated: 5:50 PM
- The Pulaski County Emergency Management Director says it happened about noon Friday on College Street.
Many roads in Big Sandy blocked after Winter Storm
6 mins ago
- A mixed bag of snow, water, mud, rocks or broken roads all led to dozens of roads, in the Big Sandy region to be blocked, Friday morning.
High water causes several Johnson County roads to close
Posted: 5:23 PM
- Officials with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet say as of ten, Friday morning, six roads in Johnson County had to be closed because of water.
Downtown Lynch covered in mud after slide
Updated: 12:07 PM
- City officials tell us that a water from an abandoned mine stopped up a culvert and caused the slide.
Breathitt County woman found with meth, arrested
Updated: 1:05 PM
- Wilder was arrested on two possession of a controlled substance charges and a drug paraphernalia charge. She is currently in Three Forks Regional Jail.
Mudslide affecting 30 homes in Mingo County
Posted: 8:20 AM
- The mudslide was reported about 10:30 p.m. Thursday at Big Splint Hollow Road off Route 119 near Williamson.
Statewide emergency declared in storm that 'will be the standard bearer'
Posted: 9:33 AM
- Gov. Steve Beshear declared a statewide emergency Thursday to allow communities immediate access to state resources and allow local officials immediate access to resources to assist in public safety and recovery efforts.
Flooding at Powell River in Harrogate becoming a concern
Posted: 8:15 AM
- The Powell River has topped its banks around Harrogate and is getting even higher.
Washington House votes to raise hourly minimum wage to $12
Posted: 11:05 AM
- Under Washington’s current law, the minimum wage goes up every January with inflation. The Employment Security Department said this year’s minimum wage hike affected more than 67,000 workers.
Several stranded by flooding near the Mingo/Wayne County line
Posted: 8:12 AM
- Officials in Mingo County estimated the Tug Fork River at Kermit would crest Thursday night at 48.5 feet.
Portions of Perry County under boil water advisory
Updated: 9:16 AM
- Affected customers are ask to bring water to a boil for 2-3 minutes, then allow to cool before drinking.
Snow and ice add to flooding issues in Campbell County
Posted: 8:18 AM
- Campbell County Emergency Management officials say they've seen more accidents Thursday than during the storms the past couple of weeks.
Letcher County family loses home in mudslide
- Letcher County Magistrate Keith Adams and his wife, Diane, woke up to an unexpected disaster at 5 a.m. Thursday morning.
UPike students asked to temporarily relocate because of flooding
- The decision to move the students was precautionary. It came as flooding became a threat to the off-campus building.
Pikeville flood gate used for first time in wall's history
- That is where Pikeville officials were forced to raise the city's lower flood gate, just west of downtown.
WYMT iWitness Slideshow
- Send pics to firstname.lastname@example.org or post them on social media with #WYMTwx.
Man arrested after calling 911 to say wife stole his cocaine
Updated: 8:59 AM
- The man, 39-year-old Robert D. Collins of Alliance, was charged with two misdemeanor counts alleging improper use of the 911 system and possession of drug paraphernalia. Alliance Municipal Court records online didn't list an attorney for him Friday.
Flood Water destroys hundreds of toys for "Tri-City Empty Stocking Fund"
- For nearly 35 years, James "Muggins" Bennett has celebrated Christmas by giving thousands of donated toys and food baskets to hundreds of Harlan County families in need, all through his organization, the Tri-City Empty Stocking Fund. However, the severe weather Wednesday flooded the sheds where Bennett keeps those toys, resulting in thousands in damages.
More WYMT Headlines