W.Va. Medicaid switching from monthly to annual cards
Posted: 6:18 AM
- The change takes effect Wednesday. The state's Bureau for Medical Services says it will save the state about $2.5 million a year.
Kentucky State Fair launches redesigned website
Posted: 6:11 AM
- State fair officials say the website highlights new information about the 11-day event, including new promotions.
Kelsie May knocked off 'The Voice'
Posted: 6:08 AM
- Kelsie May, who is from Louisa, lost her knockout round to another member of Team Blake -- Brooke Adee. Kelsie sang Taylor Swift's song "Tim McGraw," but it wasn't enough for her to advance in the competition.
Shots fired, possible prisoner escape in Virginia hospital
Updated: 6:10 AM
- Police say the situation is believed to involve a prisoner escape in Invoa Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia.
UPIKE faculty members show off musical talents at recital
- In honor of "Music in Our Schools Month", a faculty recital was held in Chrisman Auditorium.
UPDATE: Police investigate fatal stabbing in Pike County
- Pike County Sheriff's Office officials confirmed the stabbing on Monday.
Gov. Beshear signs SOAR bill, aerospace resolution
- State and federal leaders met Monday in Morehead under the banner of the Shaping Our Appalachian Region initiative, or SOAR. Governor Steve Beshear ceremonially signed Senate Bill 168, which sets up the Kentucky Appalachian Regional Development Fund.
Emails released about mountain lion shooting
- Rubel admitted she didn't know much about mountain lions, and knew no one would believe what she was seeing.
"Cooter" visits Hazard for "Issues and Answers"
- Actor Ben Jones says he does not mind being best known as "Crazy Cooter"
Whitley County dentist enters plea in Medicaid fraud case
- He entered an Alford plea and received one year probation.
Babysitter arrested after being accused of giving alcohol to a baby
- Angela Spoonamore of Rockcastle County was arrested and charged with giving alcohol to a 14 month old chily.
U.S. Senators team up on breast cancer bill
- In fact, breast cancer, according to the National Breast Cancer foundation, is the second leading cause of death among women in the country.
Pikeville Bypass closing to cause detours for Hillbilly Days
- The bypass in Downtown Pikeville is a crucial road to get through downtown during the event, with it being closed drivers will have to use an alternate route to get through town.
Two Floyd County Deputies injured in car crash
- A little before ten, Monday morning, Prestonsburg Police responded to a car crash involving a Floyd County Sheriff's Department car.
Audit finds several Kentucky rural hospitals have poor financial health
- An audit released today found that one third of Kentucky's rural hospitals are in poor financial health.
More WYMT Headlines