Portion of Highway 28 in Perry County down to one lane
Updated: 6:47 AM
- A worker with the State Highway Department tells us one lane of Highway 28 towards Buckhorn is closed due to a rock slide.
Two seriously injured in Laurel County shooting
Posted: 5:43 AM
- A man and woman are suffering from serious injuries after a shooting on Monday night.
Grant could help poor families get more money for food
Posted: 5:43 AM
- Kentucky has received a $3.6 million grant that could help rural families with children get more money for food.
Family offers reward in Floyd County cemetery vandalism case
- Police are trying to figure out who vandalized a gravesite in Floyd County. Someone stole items and caused damage at Davidson Memorial Gardens in Ivel.
$3 million project will improve Ky. 32
Posted: 7:58 AM
- The project will include full pavement replacement, wider paved shoulders, culvert extensions, embankment and drainage fixes 4,000 to 9,000 vehicles ride on the stretch of road each day.
Laurel County deputies need help finding man wanted for leading them on chase
- They are looking for James Harrison.
Crews clean up mudslide in Floyd County
- The slide happened on KY 1929 in the Frasure's Creek community.
Trapped dog rescued in Harlan County
- At least one person was taken to the hospital for hypothermia after first responders in Harlan County rescued a dog that became stuck in a ditch line.
Man airlifted to hospital following Knox County crash
- We are told the man was flown to the University of Tennessee Medical Center.
Another Winter Storm sets sights on Eastern Kentucky
- The fourth winter storm in 3 weeks is lining up to impact the region with heavy rain followed by sleet and snow.
Eastern Kentucky teen appears on NBC's "The Voice"
- Kelsie May is from Louisa.
Ky. mom convicted of killing son, 5, by poisoning him with salt
- A woman who blogged for years about her son's constant health woes has been convicted in New York of poisoning him to death with salt.
Morgan County continues to rebuild three years after March 2nd tornado
- On March 2nd, 2012, time stood still in towns like West Liberty, Salyersville, East Bernstadt, and other communities across the mountains.
Road crews playing defense with Mother Nature this winter
- This winter, it's not just about keeping tabs on what's falling from the sky, but also keeping a close eye on the road.
U.S. Coal idles last running mine in Magoffin County
- Just last week U.S. Coal announced the final surviving mine in Maggofin County would go idle.
Cleveland leaders apologize over blaming boy for own death
- The court documents filed late last week stated Tamir's injuries and the subsequent complaints for damages were the result of his own actions and a failure "to exercise due care to avoid injury."
More WYMT Headlines