Kentucky natives brace for Northeastern blizzard
- The dusting of snow in the mountains caused only a slight inconvenience for most people, but the blizzard bearing down on the northeastern part of the country is bringing life there to a screeching halt.
Perry County home burns to ground; nobody hurt
- No one was hurt when a home in Perry County burned to the ground Monday.
Former Clay County Detention Center employee faces theft charges
- Manchester Police say David Hobbs now faces 18 counts of theft by failure to make required disposition of property over $500.
Two face multiple drug charges in Knox County
- Officers say they arrested 25 year old Jennifer Mills and 43 year old Johnny Mills Saturday in the Scalf community.
Three people accused of using infant to hide items taken from Lawrence County store
- Louisa police arrested Amber Kirk, Clarence Elkins, and Amanda Kirk Saturday.
Nunn's request to have guilty plea withdrawn is rejected
- The 62-year-old former state representative and son of former Gov. Louie B. Nunn pleaded guilty in 2011.
Construction begins on Mountain Parkway in Magoffin County
- Workers were out Monday, as they began the first part of the Mountain Parkway Expansion Project.
UK Motorcycle raffle to raise money for KSP and Calipari Foundation
- UK fans have a chance to win a custom made Harley Davidson, signed by Coach Calipari and help out a good cause.
Less snow means more salt for roads in Eastern Kentucky
- Despite the flurries we saw on Monday, so far, this winter does not compare to last year.
Grimes to seek re-election
- Grimes announced at a news conference on Monday.
Laurel County woman assaults Deputy
- The Laurel County Sheriff's Office issued a release Monday saying that Jowanna Bachman was arrested at her home about 8 miles south of London after deputies were dispatched to a disturbance complaint.
Blizzard postpones jury selection in Boston Marathon trial
- Judge George O'Toole Jr. resumed his individual questioning of prospective jurors Monday.
Perry Co. Man killed during Knott Co. shooting
- A Hazard man died following a weekend shooting in Knott County.
IS spokesman calls on Muslims in West to commit more attacks
- Abu Mohammed al-Adnani, in an audio recording released Monday, praised recent attacks in Australia, Belgium and France - where gunmen killed 12 people in an assault on the Paris office of Charlie Hebdo magazine.
Masked man robs Knott Co. store at gunpoint
- Friday night a man walked into the KC Grocery store on Kentucky Seven with a gun and demanded cash.
Small drone crashes at White House complex, origin unclear
- An investigation is underway to determine its origin and identify suspects and their motive.
More WYMT Headlines