Kentucky natives brace for Northeastern blizzard
Posted: 11:39 PM
- The dusting of snow in the mountains caused only a slight inconvenience for most people, but the blizzard bearing down on the northeastern part of the country is bringing life there to a screeching halt.
Construction begins on Mountain Parkway in Magoffin County
Updated: 6:28 PM
- Workers were out Monday, as they began the first part of the Mountain Parkway Expansion Project.
UK Motorcycle raffle to raise money for KSP and Calipari Foundation
Posted: 6:19 PM
- UK fans have a chance to win a custom made Harley Davidson, signed by Coach Calipari and help out a good cause.
Less snow means more salt for roads in Eastern Kentucky
Updated: 6:45 PM
- Despite the flurries we saw on Monday, so far, this winter does not compare to last year.
Grimes to seek re-election
Updated: 6:42 PM
- Grimes announced at a news conference on Monday.
Laurel County woman assaults Deputy
Posted: 6:46 PM
- The Laurel County Sheriff's Office issued a release Monday saying that Jowanna Bachman was arrested at her home about 8 miles south of London after deputies were dispatched to a disturbance complaint.
Blizzard postpones jury selection in Boston Marathon trial
Posted: 11:23 AM
- Judge George O'Toole Jr. resumed his individual questioning of prospective jurors Monday.
Perry Co. Man killed during Knott Co. shooting
Posted: 6:28 PM
- A Hazard man died following a weekend shooting in Knott County.
IS spokesman calls on Muslims in West to commit more attacks
Posted: 11:20 AM
- Abu Mohammed al-Adnani, in an audio recording released Monday, praised recent attacks in Australia, Belgium and France - where gunmen killed 12 people in an assault on the Paris office of Charlie Hebdo magazine.
Masked man robs Knott Co. store at gunpoint
Updated: 6:18 PM
- Friday night a man walked into the KC Grocery store on Kentucky Seven with a gun and demanded cash.
Small drone crashes at White House complex, origin unclear
Posted: 11:16 AM
- An investigation is underway to determine its origin and identify suspects and their motive.
West Virginia abandons plan to house some inmates in Kentucky
Posted: 4:18 PM
- The state had considered the transfer of up to 400 inmates. The felony offenders would have received educational and other programs required for parole eligibility.
VA to create unified framework with 5 service regions
Posted: 2:25 PM
- The Veterans Affairs Department says it is creating a single regional framework that divides the sprawling agency into five clearly marked regions.
Nor'easter threatens Northeast with up to 2 feet of snow
Posted: 7:50 AM
- A blizzard warning has been issued for a 250-mile stretch of the northeast, including New York and Boston.
Lobbyists spend record amount in 2014
Updated: 11:43 AM
- Anheuser-Busch increased from the number of its lobbyists in Frankfort from two to 10 last fall in an effort to get its application for a beer distribution license in Owensboro. The application stirred complaints that it could upset the state's long-held system for alcohol distribution
Plane makes emergency landing at W.Va. airport, no injuries
Posted: 7:46 AM
- The aircraft made an emergency landing without incident around 6 p.m.
Two killed in Campbell County, Tennessee crash
Posted: 8:06 AM
- Tennessee Highway Patrol says 30-year-old Bobby Coker Jr. was driving south on State Highway 116 in his SUV Friday afternoon when the vehicle left the road while making a left curve.
More WYMT Headlines