WYMT looks back at past fires in downtown Hazard
Posted: 5:06 PM
- There have been five major fires downtown since 2001.
A look back at the history of Main Street Mall building
2 mins ago
- It was built in the 1920's and has become a staple in the community.
Historic building in Hazard goes up in flames
Updated: 5:18 PM
- A call about smoke on the second floor came in around 5 a.m. and the building was quickly engulfed in flames.
Families left without a home after Main Street Mall fire
Updated: 4:43 PM
- The fire at Main Street Mall Tuesday morning left many families and individuals without a home. Tenants at both Main Street Mall and the apartment building next to it were evacuated. The doors at a local church are open and those left without a home are welcome to stay.
No marriage licenses at Kentucky clerk's office
Updated: 5:09 PM
- On Tuesday morning, as Rowan County clerk Kim Davis' office opened, two couples were denied licenses.
Rowan County man accused of attacking wife at school
Posted: 4:02 PM
- Police arrested Dale W. Estep, 46, Monday and charged him with assault fourth degree domestic violence.
FDA issues warning letters to powdered caffeine distributors
Posted: 2:31 PM
- The FDA says a teaspoon of powdered caffeine is roughly equivalent to 28 cups of coffee, and the difference between a safe and toxic amount is very small.
Police on scene of shooting in Jackson County
Updated: 4:42 PM
- It happened on Chestnut Flat Road on the Northern side of McKee, which is near Madison County.
Officer fatally shot, prompting manhunt in northern Illinois
Posted: 1:20 PM
- Police in northern Illinois say a manhunt is underway after an officer was shot and killed.
E. Main St. in Hazard closed due to fire, municipal buildings remain open
Updated: 11:49 AM
- Municipal buildings will remain open.
Prestonsburg supplies free air evacuations to those living in city limits
- Prestonsburg city council members are airlifting folks to cheaper healthcare. From now on, those living within the city, if they are insured, will receive free air evacuations in cases of emergency.
More than $3,000 gone after bank is broken into overnight
Updated: 3:01 AM
- Authorities say it was a well-planned burglary, but, it was caught on camera.
Laurel County man is accused of beating woman with baseball bat
- Gregory Johnson faces an assault charge.
Pulaski County deputies seize nearly one dozen gambling machines
- They said it is part of their illegal gambling investigation.
97-year-old WWII veteran receives honors at Fort Knox
Posted: 3:10 AM
- A 97-year-old Kentucky World War II veteran received some long-overdue honors.
More WYMT Headlines