- The pursuit began in Pike county, where deputies spotted a man with outstanding warrants for flagrant non-support and other charges. The man led police on a chase that stretched into Virginia before he was stopped in Whitesburg.
- For a year now, we've been following the story of Hazard High School's assistant football coach Chuck Fugate, who was diagnosed with cancer last year. It has been a long journey for the coach, but one that found its ending at the team's season opener Saturday night in Pikeville.
- A doctor practicing at Harlan ARH Hospital has been suspended by the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure after receiving an anonymous tip he was prescribing diet pills to the nursing staff.
- As Labor Day marks the unofficial end of summer and the day to honor the American worker, a new Bluegrass Poll finds Kentucky voters want to put more money in workers’ pockets by raising the federal minimum wage.
- The Pentagon says the U.S. military has conducted airstrikes and dropped humanitarian aid to the beleaguered Iraqi city of Amirli, where thousands of Shiite Turkomen have been cut off from food and water for nearly two months by Islamic State militants.
Text WYMT to 25430
Would you like to win a phone from Appalachian Wireless? Register for WYMT's daily news alerts* by texting WYMT to 25430. If you don't want to text you can fill out this form: CLICK HERE;
Rules & Regulations * Up to 2 msgs/day. Reply STOP to cancel. Msg&data rates may apply.
WYMT CONTACT INFO
199 Black Gold Blvd.
Hazard, KY 41701
606-436-5757 - switchboard
606-439-9968 - newsroom
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
WYMT CONTACT INFO
199 Black Gold Blvd. Hazard, KY 41701 606-436-5757 - switchboard 606-439-9968 - newsroom