W.Va. Senate OKs election bill for potential Manchin gov bid
Posted: 5:09 PM
- The West Virginia Senate has approved legislation aimed at blocking U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin from handpicking his successor if he runs for governor in 2016.
Iraqi premier gives ultimatum ahead of hinted Tikrit attack
Posted: 4:44 PM
- Iraq's prime minister has called on Sunni tribal fighters to abandon the Islamic State group, ahead of a promised offensive to retake Saddam Hussein's hometown from the extremists.
Republican: No pledge to Democrats on Homeland Security vote
Posted: 11:00 AM
- There's a new deadline to avoid a Homeland Security Department shutdown and no clear sign that a deal is close at hand.
Astronauts complete three-day cable job outside the space station
Posted: 4:04 PM
- Americans Terry Virts and Butch Wilmore installed two sets of antennas and 400 feet of cable today in their third spacewalk in just over a week. They unreeled another 364 feet of cable in their two previous outings.
W.Va. spring forest fire season begins, burning limited
Posted: 3:34 PM
- Limits on outside burning are in effect as West Virginia's spring forest fire season begins.
Old building turned into military museum, event venue
Posted: 1:41 PM
- New owners have turned a historic building in Ashland, Kentucky, into a military blast from the past.
2 W.Va. coal operators sentenced in $10M cash scheme
Posted: 1:40 PM
- Two West Virginia coal operators will each spend three years in prison for participating in a $10 million cash selling scheme.
Fewer school districts raising property taxes by 4 percent
Posted: 9:24 AM
- More school boards are opting not to increase property taxes as high as they can to help educate students.
Sierra Leone's vice president in quarantine for Ebola
Posted: 11:27 AM
- Sierra Leone's vice president has put himself in quarantine following the death from Ebola of one of his security guards.
UPDATE: Community remembers 1958 Floyd County School Bus Crash
- What started out as a normal ride to school turned into a nightmare for some as a Floyd County School Bus crashed leaving 27 people dead.
Man arrested in Laurel County for stealing money from woman's purse
Posted: 4:34 AM
- A man is behind bars tonight after deputies arrested him for stealing from a woman on a bus.
Laurel Co. teen injured in ATV crash able to attend UK game
- A Laurel County teen seriously injured last spring in an ATV accident got to cheer on his Cats at Rupp, thanks to some generous folks in the community.
Rand Paul wins straw poll
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul has won the Conservative Political Action Conference's annual presidential preference straw poll.
No. 1 UK beats Arkansas, wins 29th straight game
- With the win over Arkansas, UK sets a new record for consecutive wins in a single season.
Hyundai recalls 263,000 cars due to power-steering problem
- Hyundai is recalling about 263,000 cars in the U.S. and Canada because a sensor problem could cause drivers to lose power-assisted steering.
Pike County Post Master retires after 38 years of service
- Adkins was a post master for the Fords Branch area in Pikeville, she delivered her last letter February sixth.
More WYMT Headlines