WYMT wins 16 awards from Kentucky Associated Press
Posted: 11:44 PM
- WYMT picked up 16 awards at the Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters awards ceremony.
Cyclists hit the pavement for eighth annual Redbud Ride in Laurel Co.
Updated: 7:41 PM
- Cyclists from across the country hit the pavement Saturday for the eighth annual Redbud Ride in Laurel County.
Coyote collared after lower Manhattan police chase
Posted: 6:27 PM
- The coyote was spotted shortly after 7:30 a.m. in the Battery Park City neighborhood. Officers tailed her up and down a marina and a Hudson River park for about an hour before using a tranquilizer dart to subdue her.
Appalachian nonprofit links small farmers with big grocers
Posted: 6:25 PM
- Appalachian Harvest has grown to a $1.5 million business that derives only a sliver of its budget from grants while delivering vegetables to grocers including Whole Foods, Ingles and Food City.
Magnitude-7.9 quake hits Nepal, scope of death expands
Updated: 9:18 AM
- Officials say a magnitude 7.8 earthquake in a densely populated area of Nepal has killed more than 700 people across a swath of four countries, with the death toll expected to keep climbing.
Folks walk Hindman Settlement School campus looking for herbs
Posted: 7:56 PM
- The herb walk including information on the uses of the herbs.
Veterans commemorate end of Vietnam War in Knott County
Updated: 7:37 PM
- One of the veterans in attendance once guarded the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Severe storms likely on Saturday
- Gusty winds, heavy rain, large hail, and an isolated tornado are possible with storms on Saturday afternoon and evening.
Volunteers spend morning cleaning up Carr Creek Lake
Updated: 7:57 PM
- About 60 volunteers came to help.
As contributions fall, House GOP rebels blame party leaders
Posted: 9:12 AM
- Tea party Rep. Thomas Massie voted in January against keeping John Boehner as House speaker.
Starbucks: Computer outage fixed; stores to reopen Saturday
Posted: 6:47 AM
- Starbucks says a computer outage that affected registers at 8,000 company-operated stores in the United States and Canada has been resolved.
Queen's granddaughter withdraws from equestrian event
Posted: 3:45 PM
- An equestrian competition in Kentucky lost some star power when British rider Zara Phillips, a granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II, withdrew after her horse suffered a minor injury.
Japan's war history will shadows PM's US visit next week
Posted: 6:29 AM
- Seventy years after the end of World War II, Japan wants to look to the future but can't shake off its past.
I-75 reopens after boat flips over
- Police do tell us no one was hurt.
Bear spotted near downtown Hazard
- Several people reported seeing a bear Thursday night near downtown Hazard.
More WYMT Headlines