Obama offers help to NYPD after 2 officers killed
- President Barack Obama is offering full support and federal assistance to the New York Police Department in the wake of the killing of two officers.
"Marlow's Christmas for the needy" continues following founders death
- Marlow Tackett died earlier this year, now, his daughter Wendy carries on his Christmas Party for Needy Children.
Harlan County club hands out free Christmas turkeys
- A group in Harlan County went out of their way Sunday to make sure out-of-work coal miners and truck drivers had a Christmas dinner.
Police boss: NYC officers 'quite simply, assassinated'
- New York City's police commissioner says the two officers who were ambushed and killed in their cruiser "were, quite simply, assassinated."
Survey: US gas prices fall 25 cents per gallon
- The average price of regular gasoline nationwide has dropped another 25 cents a gallon in the past two weeks, to $2.47.
'Hobbit' goes out on top with $90.6 million 5-day debut
- Peter Jackson's "Hobbit" finale went out on top at the box office, debuting with $56.2 million over the weekend and taking in $90.6 million since opening Wednesday, according to studio estimates Sunday.
US mulls putting N Korea on terrorism sponsor list
- President Barack Obama says the United States is reviewing whether to put North Korea back onto its list of state sponsors of terrorism.
UPDATE: Three men arrested in connection with Perry Co. tire thefts
- Police in Hazard need your help catching whoever is responsible for a string of tire thefts earlier this week.
Pet owner, charged with animal cruelty, arrested in Rowan County
- A pet owner, charged with animal cruelty, is now behind bars, after one of his dogs was found dead and the other was considered to be near-death.
N. Korea proposes joint probe over Sony hacking
- North Korea has proposed a joint investigation with the U.S. into the hacking attack against Sony Pictures Entertainment.
Cuba protests planned in Miami, turnout unclear
- Cuban-American groups opposed to President Barack Obama's plan to normalize relations with the Castro government plan to protest Saturday in Miami.
Missing 10-year-old girl with autism found safe in Lexington
- A missing 10-year-old girl with autism was found safe in Lexington Saturday morning.
EPA coal ash standards a setback for environmental groups
- Six years ago, there was a massive spill of coal ash sludge in Tennessee. Three years later, tons of coal ash swept into Lake Michigan. Last February, there was another spill and gray sludge spewed into the Dan River in North Carolina.
Volunteers deliver thousands of presents during Tri-Cities Empty Stocking Fund
- Around 100 volunteers boxed and delivered food Saturday in Cumberland to families in need.
Santa flies in Johnson County on a helicopter
- Santa made his way to Premiere Auto Sales in Johnson County Saturday morning, where hundreds of kids waited as he arrived in a helicopter.
Kentucky Marines raising money for monument
- Old Marines aren't the type to shy away from a challenge, which may explain why members of the Greenbo Detachment of the Marine Corps League are hitting the streets and scheduling meetings with local business and community leaders in the days before Christmas.
More WYMT Headlines