Appalachian Power rate hikes announced in West Virginia
10 mins ago
- The West Virginia Public Service Commission on Tuesday approved a rate hike for AEP. The company originally asked for an almost 17 percent increase, but only a 9 percent increase was approved.
More than $40,000 raised during annual radiothon in Perry County
5 mins ago
- Staff members tell us they use the money to pay for services like providing transportation for seniors.
Pizza Hut & Taco Bell getting rid of artificial ingredients
Posted: 7:55 AM
- They are the latest big food companies scrambling to distance themselves from ingredients people might find unappetizing.
Charter buying Time Warner Cable in $55.33B deal
Posted: 7:50 AM
- Charter Communications will spend $55.33 billion to acquire Time Warner Cable in a cash-and-stock deal that would instantly create one of the largest pay-television and broadband operators in the U.S.
Abortions after 20-weeks now illegal in West Virginia
Posted: 7:47 AM
- The new ban offers some exemptions for medical emergencies to the mother, but does not include clauses for rape and incest.
Gov. Beshear leading trade mission to Canada
Posted: 7:46 AM
- Officials in the governor's office say more than a dozen Kentucky small businesses will be matched with Canadian businesses and distribution networks during the trip.
Senator Mitch McConnell working on memoir
Posted: 7:44 AM
- The Kentucky Republican told The Associated Press on Tuesday that he planned to tell both his personal story, including overcoming polio as a child in Alabama, and the story of his long career in public life.
Kentucky GOP website hacked
Posted: 7:43 AM
- The hacked site has an image of a Guy Fawkes mask, which has been associated previously with other internet hackers.
104,000 taxpayers have personal info stolen from IRS website
Posted: 3:51 AM
- Officials said the breach was part of an elaborate scheme to claim fraudulent tax refunds.
Hundreds in Eastern Kentucky could lose disability payments because of federal fraud investigation
- Hundreds of clients of Floyd County attorney Eric C. Conn have received letters from the Social Security Administration indicating their disability payments have been suspended.
No additional recanvass requests following primary election
Posted: 3:47 AM
- No other candidates have requested a review of Kentucky's primary election results.
W.Va. law allowing life-saving heroin treatment takes effect
Posted: 3:50 AM
- The law opening up access to opioid antagonists became effective Wednesday.
Texas officials defend storm response
Updated: 7:36 AM
- Authorities in Texas are defending the way they handled alerting residents during the recent severe weather that left about a dozen people missing and about a dozen dead across the state.
Electric shock survivor talks about risks during National Electrical Safety Month
- Floyd County native Joey Collins' life changed forever May 13th, 1997, when a job site accident sent 7,200 volts coursing through his body.
Bark stripping could cost Knott County taxpayers thousands
- It's an unusual crime that could cost taxpayers thousands of dollars.
More WYMT Headlines