Court: Religious jobs exempt from some labor laws
Posted: 4:23 PM
- In two decisions handed down Thursday, the justices reinstated lawsuits brought by two former staff members at the Lexington Theological Seminary.
Blast at Tennessee plant kills 1, injures 3
Posted: 4:49 AM
- An explosion and fire at a property in Tennessee where several ammunition and explosives plants are based has killed one person and left three injured.
Teen faces charges after overnight joyride in Pulaski Co.
Updated: 1:33 PM
- A teenager faces serious charges after an overnight joyride in Pulaski County.
Coach Cal returns to the Bluegrass to promote new book
Updated: 12:46 PM
- UK basketball coach John Calipari is returning to Kentucky to promote his new book, "Players First, Coaching From the Inside Out."
Texas town recovering year after deadly blast
Posted: 4:53 AM
- Residents of the small Texas town of West are honoring the past but looking ahead on the one-year anniversary of a fertilizer plant explosion that killed 15 people.
W.Va. center floats idea of 'food hubs'
Posted: 4:52 AM
- The idea of creating "food hubs" in West Virginia is being examined.
Renovated softball field gives Knott County girls more opportunities
Posted: 4:32 AM
- Wednesday was opening day at the newly-renovated Veteran's Field in Hindman - a facility that allows organizers to expand the age groups of girls who want to play.
University of Pikeville joins Kentucky Innovation Network
- Officials say small businesses are the backbone of a strong economy, so they want to do everything possible to help those with ideas turn them into a reality.
Quarterback Jalen Whitlow to transfer from UK
- Whitlow, who started eight games in 2013, will finish the spring semester at UK before transferring.
Johnson County animal rescue groups working to construct animal shelter
- Johnson County Judge Tucker Daniels signed a proclamation Wednesday, recognizing the 6th annual Kentucky Week for Animals.
Pikeville High School students get crash course in distracted driving
- Students from Pikeville High School participated in a crash course on distracted driving on Wednesday.
Stephanie Fleming, James Maggard sentenced to life in prison
- James Maggard and an emotional Stephanie Fleming were sentenced to life in prison Wednesday afternoon.
Three arrested for leaving child near needles
- Officers say deputies found a seven year old sleeping in a small play tent on the floor of a motel, with used syringes nearby.
UPDATE: Judge decides Thursday whether to accept Alford plea for Daniel Hackworth
- He is accused of shooting and killing Donnie Allen just a day before Allen's wedding.
Hal Rogers meets with the President of Columbia
- They discussed their partnership to fight illegal drugs.
Two people face crystal meth charges
- 46 year old Shelly Lovell and 40 year old William Brock face possession of crystal meth charges.
More WYMT Headlines