Breathitt County fire department collects donations for family in need
- The Rousseau Volunteer Fire Department is taking donations for a family who lost everything in a recent fire.
Fundraiser held for Daniel Ellis and John Mackey
- As the families of Richmond Police Officer, Daniel Ellis, and Jessamine County Paramedic, John Mackey, continue to deal with the tragic deaths of their loved ones, people in the bluegrass are letting them know they are not alone.
Coroner: fatal accident on 1-75 near mile marker 21
- The Whitley County Coroner's Office identified a man that was killed Sunday morning in a fatal car wreck.
Patrick Towles announces plan to transfer
- The University of Kentucky quarterback announced his decision on social media Sunday afternoon.
UPDATE: Police find inmate who escaped in Pike County
- Police say an inmate escaped Pikeville Medical Center Saturday night.
Reconstruction projects will close two boat ramps
Updated: 4:17 AM
- The agency reports the closings at Lake Beshear and at Kentucky Dam Marina on Kentucky Lake are temporary.
Keep the season of giving, from becoming the season of stolen
- Keeping your belongings safe from Christmas grinches can be easy, with a few smart moves.
Vatican leaks trial to hear first testimony
Posted: 5:42 AM
- Monsignor Lucio Vallejo Balda, who headed a reforms panel advising the pontiff, is under arrest in Vatican City. He is expected to be the first defendant to testify.
Electronically monitored Ohioan set for trial on sex charges
15 mins ago
- Jackson also faces state charges, including rape.
Attorney: White House fence jump was act of protest
- The lawyer for a college student who jumped over the White House fence says his client was committing an act of civil disobedience and didn't intend to harm anyone.
Chicago announces expansion of police body-camera program
- Chicago says it's expanding a program to provide police officers with body cameras.
Records: Bond set for man in gunfight that wounded 17
- Records show Allen was booked with 17 counts of attempted murder in the Nov. 22 shooting at Bunny Friend Playground. A preliminary hearing is scheduled Dec. 8.
NY program uses phone calls, text messages to teach English
- It is low-tech enough that anyone with even the most basic phone can access it, and flexible enough that users can go at whatever speed they're comfortable with.
Kevorkian archive opens as physician-assisted deaths increase
- In October, California became the fifth state to legalize physician-assisted deaths. Proponents say they are optimistic about possible successes elsewhere.
Several crashes causing traffic problems in southern Kentucky
- Deputies in southern Kentucky are working several crashes this afternoon.
More WYMT Headlines