VA to create unified framework with 5 service regions
Posted: 2:25 PM
- The Veterans Affairs Department says it is creating a single regional framework that divides the sprawling agency into five clearly marked regions.
Nor'easter threatens Northeast with up to 2 feet of snow
Posted: 7:50 AM
- A blizzard warning has been issued for a 250-mile stretch of the northeast, including New York and Boston.
Lobbyists spend record amount in 2014
Updated: 11:43 AM
- Anheuser-Busch increased from the number of its lobbyists in Frankfort from two to 10 last fall in an effort to get its application for a beer distribution license in Owensboro. The application stirred complaints that it could upset the state's long-held system for alcohol distribution
Plane makes emergency landing at W.Va. airport, no injuries
Posted: 7:46 AM
- The aircraft made an emergency landing without incident around 6 p.m.
Two killed in Campbell County, Tennessee crash
Posted: 8:06 AM
- Tennessee Highway Patrol says 30-year-old Bobby Coker Jr. was driving south on State Highway 116 in his SUV Friday afternoon when the vehicle left the road while making a left curve.
Family asking for blood donations for officer injured in crash
Posted: 8:04 AM
- Officer Mike Starrett was injured in a car wreck Friday afternoon on Little Cove Creek Road in Campbell County, Tennessee.
Deaths on Kentucky highways increased last year
Posted: 7:48 AM
- Officials with the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety say preliminary figures show that 667 people died on Kentucky roadways last year, up from 638 the year before.
Seven arrested on drug charges in Wayne County, West Virginia
Posted: 7:55 AM
- Kenova Police say the arrests were made Saturday at a couple of homes on Walnut Street.
Republican Hal Heiner, Democrat Alison Grimes making 2015 decisions Monday
Posted: 7:44 AM
- Former Louisville mayoral candidate / Metro Councilman Hal Heiner and Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes are both expected to make decisions regarding statewide office Monday
Boil water advisory for parts of Boyd County
Posted: 7:53 AM
- The area that is effected by the boil water advisory starts from the 4-Way stop at Cannonsburg Road to McGuire Drive in Cannonsburg.
UPDATE: Man charged with DUI in Perry County crash
- Troopers with Kentucky State Police are investigating a car crash that happened on Combs Road in Hazard Saturday night, leaving one boy in critical condition as of Sunday afternoon. We spoke to officials Sunday about an arrest they say has been made in connection to that accident, as well as one witness who says she saw the aftermath.
Hundreds fill Capitol in Frankfort to honor former U.S. Senator Wendell Ford
- Ford's body lied in state in the Capitol rotunda in Frankfort Sunday afternoon as mourners came to celebrate the life and legacy of a leader many say was a champion of the common man.
Two days of light snow expected in E KY
- Snow showers could create slick spots Monday and Tuesday with another round of very light snow accumulations.
Prestonsburg High School raises awareness for Cerebral Palsy
Updated: 9:49 AM
- The Prestonsburg girls basketball team will play Tuesday to raise awareness and money for their teammate, Nicole Burchett's sister, Livia, as well as others suffering from Cerebral Palsy.
One person taken to hospital following house fire in Floyd Co.
- Officials with the Garrett Fire Department say one person was taken to the hospital Sunday morning following a house fire in Floyd County.
FBI: Hunt continues for suspect in bomb threats against jets
- An FBI agent says law officers are continuing to pursue a suspect after someone made bomb threats targeting two jets bound for Atlanta, prompting F-16 fighter jets to escort the planes.
More WYMT Headlines