Kids in Bell Co. get Christmas surprise from Tim Short automotive employees
Posted: 6:34 PM
- Employees at Tim Short Dodge in Middlesboro took thirteen children on a shopping spree in Walmart in Middlesboro.
Two arrested in Middlesboro burglary case
Posted: 6:25 PM
- Police say 22-year-old Heather Ledford and 20-year-old Timothy Marroquin broke into a home on North 24th Street and stole the items.
Local tax option a possibility in Kentucky
Updated: 4:36 PM
- The tax would be voted on by communities for specific infrastructure projects. After the project is funded, the tax would go away.
Whitesburg nurses give Letcher County family a Christmas to remember
Updated: 6:16 PM
- A group of nurses in Letcher County gave one family a Christmas they will never forget after their home burned to the ground in November.
Former UPike cheerleading coach dies after 8 year battle with cancer
Updated: 10:54 PM
- Kelly Rowe battled cancer for eight years, her daughter Brittany says she's the strongest person she's ever met, fighting until the end.
Judge denies W.Va. ex-coal baron travel home for holidays
Posted: 4:54 PM
- A docket entry on Monday shows U.S. District Judge Irene Berger in Beckley denied ex-Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship's motion to travel home for the holidays.
UPDATE: Funeral arrangements made for Pike County deputy who died unexpectedly
Updated: 6:50 PM
- A Sheriff's Deputy in Pike County died unexpectedly Thursday evening from what the family says was a heart attack.
Man enters guilty plea in deadly crash
Posted: 10:41 AM
- The two were struck after leaving their cars to try to help others in a crash on Interstate 75 in Richmond.
Two men charged in Wayne County, West Virginia murder
Updated: 8:00 AM
- William R. Messer, 31, and Shane R. Marcum, 24, both from Kermit, W.Va., have been charged with Armed Robbery and 1st Degree Murder.
Pike County man faces arson charges
Posted: 3:42 PM
- Police say it happened near J & J Liquors in the Betsy Layne Community.
Kentucky sheriffs elect new leaders for state association
Posted: 6:51 AM
- Elections were held during the group's 85th annual conference in Bowling Green earlier this month.
UK lands grant for graduate scholars program in math
Updated: 6:51 AM
- The University of Kentucky has landed a grant to fund a new graduate scholars program in mathematics.
Powell County man makes Christmas special for families
Posted: 6:57 AM
- Hundreds of people lined up for a special Christmas treat in Powell County Sunday. Every year, Jimmy Cole turns the Peddler's Auction into a kind of North Pole for kids.
Golden Alert for Laurel County man canceled
- The Golden Alert for Michael Salisbury has been canceled.
N. Ky. population seems to be shifting
- Officials in northern Kentucky cities along the Ohio River seem to be having some success in stemming population loss in urban areas with new development and an appeal to baby boomers.
Strong quake hits east Indonesia; no tsunami warning
- A strong earthquake has struck off the coast of eastern Indonesia, but there are no reports of injuries or damage, and authorities say a tsunami is not likely.
More WYMT Headlines