Final day of Hillbilly Days draws big crowd
Posted: 9:19 PM
- 39 years ago, two "hillbillies" decided they wanted to start an event to raise money for Shriners Hospital for Children in Lexington.
Scholarship planned to honor murdered UK Student
Posted: 7:12 PM
- The UK junior worked as a photo editor for the campus newspaper, The Kentucky Kernel. The Kernel's parent company is working to honor the promising photojournalist by establishing a scholarship fund in his name.
Drama festival held in Hazard
Updated: 9:40 PM
- Students from six eastern Kentucky high schools came together at Perry Central High School this afternoon, and caused some serious drama.
Annual soap box derby held in Hazard on Saturday
Posted: 8:49 PM
- Memorial drive in Hazard was closed this afternoon, but cars still zoomed down the steep hill. People gathered for the 16th annual Bud Combs Soap Box Derby in downtown Hazard.
Special Olympic Spring games held in Johnson County
Posted: 4:11 PM
- Athletes came together today, in Johnson County, for the Special Olympics Kentucky area spring games.
Laurel County teen hit and killed by train
Updated: 10:40 PM
- A Laurel County teen is dead after being hit by a train early Saturday morning.
Hundreds attend vigil honoring UK student
Posted: 6:51 AM
- Friends say Jonathan Krueger was the type of person everyone wanted to know, someone who looked on the brighter side of a bad situation and a guy simply loved life.
Believe it or not, bipartisanship breaks out on Capitol Hill
Posted: 9:47 AM
- Suddenly, bipartisanship has broken out on Capitol Hill.
Kentucky officials hope drugs can help drug addicts
Posted: 2:36 PM
- Kentucky officials are considering using a drug to help drug addicts come clean.
BMW recalling 91,800 Mini Coopers to fix air bag problem
Posted: 2:11 PM
- BMW is recalling 91,800 Mini Coopers to fix a defect that may prevent the air bag on the front passenger side of the cars from deploying in a crash.
Two former Cats visit fans in Perry County
Posted: 9:06 AM
- Karl-Anthony Towns and Devin Booker signed autographs and took pictures with hundreds of fans at Wildcat Wearhouse in Hazard.
Tuition increases approved at four state colleges
Posted: 6:46 AM
- State officials approved at or near maximum tuition increases at four state colleges Friday.
Suicide attack in Afghanistan kills 30 people
Posted: 6:51 AM
- A security official says that at least 30 people have been killed after a suicide bomber attacked a bank branch in eastern Afghanistan.
Robbers in Clay County use company truck in getaway
- Kentucky State Police are searching for robbers who stole a truck after robbing a man working at a lumber yard Friday morning.
New Floyd County food pantry aims to help community
- The Prater Creek Food Pantry in Floyd County opens for the first time Saturday morning.
More WYMT Headlines