Wolfe County schools provide meal to students, parents to counter financial hit from snow days
- Some students in Wolfe County returned to school Thursday for the first time in nearly two weeks, but it wasn't for class.
Kentucky House OKs workplace bill for pregnant workers
- The measure passed the House on a 95-0 vote Thursday and now goes to the Senate.
Letcher Co. road crews preparing for snowmelt
- Letcher County roads crews cleaned up another round of snow Thursday morning.
CPR training bill passes Kentucky House
- The measure would require that the CPR training be included in health education curriculum.
Boil water advisory lifted for parts of Perry Co.
- About 1,600 people are still without water in Perry County.
Many frustrated with snow and ice in Magoffin County
- Many communities are doing their best to get back to normal.
FCC rules to enforce 'net neutrality'
- Much of industry opposes the regulations, which it says constitutes dangerous government overreach. The rules are expected to trigger lawsuits, which could drag out for several years.
Snow and ice chills out eastern Kentucky criminals
- Last week was a busy one for police but not for the usual reasons.
Snow totals across the eastern Coalfields
- Another round of winter weather coated the eastern Coalfields with more snow. How does the recent snowfall in your town stack up to others?
Three homes evacuated after Lee County tanker crash
- Three homes were evacuated in Lee County after a semi truck crashed on Thursday morning.
Ex-Card charged with rape, sodomy
- Both alleged victims said they recognized Jones as a UofL basketball player and that he also told them his name.
Regulators approve tougher rules for Internet providers
- The Federal Communications Commission has agreed to impose strict new regulations on Internet service providers like Comcast, Verizon and AT&T.
Harlan County officials provide transportation for medical workers in winter weather
- The nasty winter weather that has swept through Eastern Kentucky in the last couple weeks has made it difficult for many people to get to work. That's especially problematic for people who work in the healthcare field.
Plan in place in Wise Co. to prevent service lapses
- Wise county has a regional plan set up with Norton, Dickenson County, and Lee County, according to Billie Laney, assistant E-911 coordinator for the Wise County sheriff's office.
UK defeats Mississippi State, 74-56
- The Wildcats beat the Bulldogs and move to 28-0 on the season.
Expo Center becomes water distribution hub as outages continue
- As the outages continue the Eastern Kentucky Expo Center is a central distribution center for counties in need of water.
More WYMT Headlines