Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. OBAMA PUSHES BACK ON CRITICISM OVER LIBYA
The president insists he shared information with the American people as it came in.
2. BOY SCOUTS RELEASE TROVE OF 'PERVERSION FILES'
The documents, from 1959-1985, show that on numerous occasions authorities helped quietly shield scoutmasters and others accused of molesting children.
3. SUSPECT IN ALLEGED NY FED BOMB PLOT ASKED FAMILY TO SEND HIM TO US
Family and friends say authorities' charges don't fit their image of the 21-year-old Bangladeshi student.
4. WHY JERRY SANDUSKY IS SEEKING A NEW TRIAL
The ex-Penn State assistant football coach claims his lawyers lacked sufficient time to prepare and the statute of limitations for some abuse charges had expired.
5. WHAT GALLUP'S SURVEY ON THE LGBT COMMUNITY FOUND
The findings, based on interviews with more than 121,000 people, discover that 3.4 percent of American adults identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender.
6. TEXAS JUDGE RULES FOR CHEERLEADERS ON RELIGIOUS MESSAGES
He grants an injunction, acknowledging that a ban by the school district on Bible-themed football banners appears to violate free speech rights.
7. STOP THOSE ANNOYING ROBOCALLS, GET CASH
The Federal Trade Commission will offer $50,000 to anyone who comes up with the best technical solution to block illegal prerecorded phone pitches.
8. WHY THERE IS FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS AT THE PUMP
The average gasoline price has dropped for the 10th straight day to $3.74 per gallon, and could mark the beginning of the usual autumn decrease.
9. TV SERIES' 'BEIRUT' REALLY IN ISRAEL
Complaints from both sides of the border as Showtime hit "Homeland" uses areas of Israel to portray the Lebanese capital.
10. TIGERS ROUT YANKEES, ADVANCE TO WORLD SERIES
Miguel Cabrera and Jhonny Peralta hit two-run homers to help Detroit sweep the Yankees with an 8-1 victory.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)